I think someones a little excited...

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think someone's a little excited...

I listed a vintage creepy crawler maker last night. 1964 vintage. $45 starting bid $20 shipping. Had 2 watchers within an hour... Then about 10pm I get a bid, cool... 1230 another bid from same bidder raising his proxy.... 2 more bids throughout the night from the same bidder. Checked my phone on my lunch break and yet another proxy raise from the same bidder, and one more time before lunch was over I got another proxy raise from the same bidder. So 5 bids by the same buyer within 13 hours... I've had people raise maybe once or twice but never 5 times... I think they are a little excited lol.

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't guess you want to hear that it's possible he was lowering the bid do you? ;)

OP
OP
B

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I start everything I sell at what I'm happy to get out of it. Anything after the first bid is a bonus. At 45 bucks I'm 45 times my money right now lol.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow I had forgotten about those, they were fun for a kid, probably carcinogenius

OP
OP
B

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm really starting to wonder about this bidder, I just received another bid... Same bidder...

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me know what happens. I have a Mattel creepy crawler maker, it has the western world set, the complete fright factory, zoofie goofies, and picadoos, plus the Batman single, Shrunken head 2 part single, and partials from flowers, mini dragons, and the dollmaker. Plus 8 round aluminum ones from the incredible edibles set.. Picked it up for a buck a couple years ago and still have it sitting in my shop.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, this guy must be a little off.... 12 bids in three days then cancels them all except for the first one..... Then bids again.... That was yesterday..

Now today I check my eBay and notice those bids are also cancelled. Digs, the set I have is the original 1964 version, the two are similar but have totally different selling results on eBay. Average for the one I listed seems to be around $90. I am glad there is 12 watchers on this auction, and still anticipate a bidding war in the last few minutes. But this guy..... I'd love to block him from bidding.

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is he trying to confuse or scare off other bidders so they don't bid? or is he trying to figure out a competitors bid. What is his bid retraction history on his feedback?

OP
OP
B

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are many watchers but the only other bidder bid today after he retracted his bid. I dunno what his deal is.... At first he seemed very excited by the number of bids... Dunno.... And now with the bid retraction I can't access that info on my iPhone.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm really starting to wonder about this bidder, I just received another bid... Same bidder...
Don't wonder i was bidding on a apple lap top last month and i went back in to check it and there were 53 bids on it and 47 of those bids were from the same bidder...

OP
OP
B

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They can cancel, I don't know about lowering.

OP
OP
B

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I changed nothing, the initial 10 bids were within the first 3 days of auction start and 2 more on the fourth day, then he cancels all bids.....

OP
OP
B

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Called eBay, he told them after a dozen bids he bid the wrong amount therefore his bid retraction stands.. Easy peazy.....

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had this happen twice, only they were bids slightly above the opening bid, placed 5 days prior to retraction and pulled at the last minute.
Somebody put a tremendous amount of planning and effort to save an additional few dollars on an already deeply discounted item -- that's eBay for ya.

I would be beyond pissed if someone manipulated bids on a competitive item like yours. Not much you can do about it as far as I understand. Hope you still get a good price...

OP
OP
B

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gino22, I think this item is going to go nuts with now 13-14 watchers and less than 24 hours. I wonder what his top bid was though ... I cannot fathom how you can bid a dozen times on an item and then cancel your bids..

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gino22, I think this item is going to go nuts with now 13-14 watchers and less than 24 hours. I wonder what his top bid was though ... I cannot fathom how you can bid a dozen times on an item and then cancel your bids..

He might just be green... or off meds. Who knows.

I don't know why eBay is so liberal with their bid retraction policy, since the worst case scenario for the buyer is they get an unpaid item strike for their "mistake". Let the "mistake" bids stick, price goes up for you and eBay collects more fees if the winning bidder (whoever it may be) pays. Win-win.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread