Made it in before the "gold and silver guy"...

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to choose between three equidistant sales this morning, I feel like I chose right. First one in the door and of the couple of handfuls of "costume" jewelry I picked only two pairs of earrings weren't 14k or sterling. I offered $40 for everything and everyone was satisfied with that. On my way out I noticed a bracelet that was obviously gold and asked if I could bundle that in with my $40 purchase. She said she was waiting for her gold and silver guy to come in and check that and some necklaces that looked to be sterling but I should come back later if I was still interested. Pretty sure that's the only gold or silver he's going to find, oh well! And none of the jewelry was part of the estate, they said it was from in-house so I'm assuming leftovers from other sales? Will definitely be visiting their next sale. Anyhow, final tally not including the jade items: 33 grams sterling (the hedgehog is Taxco/awesome), 6 grams sell-able 14k and 6.3 grams scrap 14k.

ForumRunner_20141120_105945.png

OP
OP
kali_is_my_copilot

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has been kind of slow for me too so this was nice. I got into all the PMs/reselling stuff at the end of last December (literally couldn't have done it without you guys so thanks for that) so it's definitely been interesting to see the effects of being on- and off-season, from both the buying side and the selling side. Online sales have been up, and the last two weeks I've spent around sixty bucks on eBay for ~$200 melt value in 10, 14 & 18k plus a 14k and jade bangle that should go for a couple hundred. It appears I've gotten good enough at shopping on eBay for it to supplement our income during the slow real-world buying we have to look forward to over the next few months.

OP
OP
kali_is_my_copilot

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also think I'm going to hold on to this guy for a while, haven't seen anything quite like him before especially from Mexico. Very chunky too at 17 grams.

ForumRunner_20141120_185939.png

ForumRunner_20141120_185950.png

ForumRunner_20141120_190000.png

ForumRunner_20141120_190012.png

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are we talking hedgehog, anteater, or porcupine here? It sure is cute!
I sold a green jade disc and earrings last yr or so for over 300 if I remember right. I real nice lady from Las Vegas bought them. Your teardrop earrings look nice. And, I see some puddy tats! lol. Nice. :icon_thumright: Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
kali_is_my_copilot

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol I was thinking the same thing while I was taking those pics, I still like him even if he has a funny face. The jade earrings are unmarked 14k, the disc pendant just says "SILVER" & tests as such so I guess it's vermeil otherwise I would list them together. I'll probably list the earrings at $125 and see how that goes. And yes there is definitely a strong cuteness theme happening with the silver I got today, the cats are really detailed and well-balanced pieces of jewelry honestly, and let's not forget the bear or the elephant, they're pretty adorable also!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread