I think I should have bought this I cant find another one like it!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I should have bought this I can't find another one like it!

At a thrift store today there was a windup wrist watch and on the front of it and send Paul Revere. I looked on my phone row quick and didn't see anything like it and it was five dollars. Said 17 jewels and it worked. I bought the bracelet and left a watch there. It was not a pocket watch though it was like a regular wristwatch with a metal band. Even looking on Google I don't see anything like it. The back of it said anti-magnetic maybe? I'm not hundred percent sure. But it looked old has anyone seen a watch like this before? I don't have a picture of it but I think I messed up.

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
I would venture to guess any watch w/jewels is worth a $5 gamble. The "jewels" are usually man-made rubies that accurately hold (with low friction) the various shafts to the gears and flywheels of quality watches. There can be a lot less than 17 of them. One I found (an old Hamilton) sold for it's 10K case and the quality of it's innards, well over scrap value. Watchmakers value old watch cases because so many get scrapped. I scrapped another watch when I first started picking. ARA sent back the jewels with the check. Interesting to see, but not worth much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread