Bought a few unique silver pieces, questions on marks!

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone, hope your holidays are going well and safe. I bought a huge lot of ~1000g of sterling about 6 weeks ago. I sold most of it, but saved a few pieces because they had unique marks. If you could help me out with any of the following questions, it would be much appreciated! Thank you. And btw, I paid 32c a gram. HH in 2015!

1. Is anyone familiar with this native symbol? Or the stamp 'AC'?
PC319441.JPG
PC319444.JPG

2. What style would these be? Mexican, Native, Southwestern? And any idea on the stone?
PC319446.JPG

3. This Mexican (I think) sterling silver anteater pendant with a lightning bolt arrow. Stamped Sterling W, any idea on the 'W'?
PC319451.JPG

4. Any idea on this Israeli star hallmark?
PC319454.JPG

5. Mexican car earrings, any incite on the stamps and hallmarks?
PC319460.JPG

6. These star earrings are stamped 750 and 925. Any idea on what this might mean?
PC319461.JPG
another picture below****

7. What is this? Any ideas on the stamps/ marks?
PC319464.JPG
PC319466.JPG

8. Lastly, does anyone have any information/ incite on these candle sticks or the makers or anything along these lines?
P8219104.JPG P8219109.JPG

Attachments

• img771.jpg
    img771.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 115

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The symbol on the first piece is called Kokopelli, a native American deity.

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, #1 is Kokopelli, #2 IMHO don't think it's Native American, never seen that style, maybe garnet? #3 is a bear with lightning bolt, a common design (?Navajo?), and that's all I can help with. Cool finds!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
750 is 18kt gold so it looks like the ear rings are Sterling 925 with 18kt bezels surrounding the diamonds.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The kokopelli's antlers represent his spiritual power; the hunched back represents the stress from the sack (of seeds,etc.) that he carries; the flute represents music that brings the change of the season --from winter to spring. Some believe playing his flute and dancing would bring rain--as the rain-dancer would emulate.
Don...

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Haul! Thanks for sharing your pieces.
I have the exact same, or very similar candlesticks. Their packed away, probably tarnished to death, but from that I can remember, I think mine may have said Gorham sterling....... (my eyes are shot for seeing pics, so it's hard to read yours, or I don't have on the right glasses, readers, contacts......lol)
They seem to sell pretty well. Maybe a little more research on yours, will reveal more. GL & HH!

Pair Vintage 3 Lite Gorham Sterling Silver Candlesticks or Candelabras 808 1 | eBay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread