Need help with Fishing Lures

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I was at a sale today where they had a bunch of lures. I know almost nothing about them but figured I could tell older from new. I picked up these 3...2- "Original Heddon Zara-Spook" & an "Original Nip-I-Diddee". I know color has a lot to do with value & am hoping someone familiar with lures could give me value info so I don't have to wade through 8 million lures on ebay. Would also be interested in any website references for the future.

001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Um yeah ... you scored.
great buy.
Any old heddon lures are good.
Especially in good condition.
Depending how much you paid and if you sell on e-bay ... start a 7 day bid auction at 9.99 each
just looked that one is still produced...
maybe not so much... gonna have to look em up. and decide

Last edited:

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you got 2 heddon original swayback zara spooks. They are the older ones because the seam goes through the hook hanger instead of in front of it. They are the swayback type, because of the way they are bent in the middle. It is supposed to make the head stick up above the water, resulting in better topwater action. Roughly $15-$25 a piece for those colors.

The nip I diddee is roughly worth $10-$15.

If you are going to put these on eBay, I would put the spooks at $25 each plus shipping BIN with best offer. The nip I diddee should go on as a BIN as well from $15-$20 with a best offer. I sell probably 90% of my lures by accepting the best offer. I hope you do well off of these. Thanks for showing them!

OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Looks like you got 2 heddon original swayback zara spooks. They are the older ones because the seam goes through the hook hanger instead of in front of it. They are the swayback type, because of the way they are bent in the middle. It is supposed to make the head stick up above the water, resulting in better topwater action. Roughly $15-$25 a piece for those colors.

The nip I diddee is roughly worth $10-$15.

If you are going to put these on eBay, I would put the spooks at $25 each plus shipping BIN with best offer. The nip I diddee should go on as a BIN as well from $15-$20 with a best offer. I sell probably 90% of my lures by accepting the best offer. I hope you do well off of these. Thanks for showing them!

I knew you would be able to hook me up. I took a shot & paid $3 each for these hoping I could clean them up & sell them in the $15-20 range. Not a major score but I'm trying to increase ebay sales a good bit this year so anything I think I can make at least $15 on I'm going for.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job. $3 each was definitely a good buy for those. You should do fine with a BIN and best offer option. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I listed these as auctions. Started the Zara-Spooks at $19.99 & the Nip-I-Diddee at $12.99 all with free shipping. The black Zara-Spook sold at the starting price, the green one ran up to $30 & the Nip-I-Diddee got to $19.xx for a total of almost $70. Not bad for cost of about $15 counting purchase & shipping.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collection, but don't leave em around were the cat can play with em. The vet bill on getting a hook out of a cats paw will most certainly eat up all your profit.

Last edited:

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear that! I'm glad I was off by a little bit. If you need help with anymore, just let me know! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread