May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit my usual thrift store and found another original watercolor. They had it marked $12 which is close to the print prices on eBay so I am sure they used that for the price. They ususally have ebay listings next to items to justify pricing. It is a Linda Cuthbert original who is a well known New Orleans artist and it is beautifully framed and matted by one of the upscale galleries in town. One similar to it sold on eBay for $295. I also got a 950 silver ring, Sterling ear rings and took a chance on a small unmarked gold band. All for $16 total. The gold ring acid tested to 14kt. Good times.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422665498.643924.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422665526.305681.jpg

Last edited:

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. It will soon be time for Mardi Gras. I've been finding some valuable art recently too. It seems my local TS base their price on how pretty and big it is. They do not put any effort in deciphering signatures or the medium.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes I judge art by the frame without looking at the art. I have found several museum matted pieces that turned out to be original watercolors, etchings or drawings. Ultimately though you have to love what you buy. I am keeping this one.

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True you have to like it. I picked a piece today based on the sticker from the gallery because the sell fine art. Haven't done any research yet on the piece since I left it in the car. If it's not worth much I still like the piece.

Here is the dealers site.

est.1966 updated March 8 2013 est.1966 updated March 8 2013amer3a.html Magnus W. Johnstone 1953-2013 It is with great sadness that we announce that Magnus W. Johnstone departed on his journey to the herafter on February 22, 2013. He was a wonderfulfr

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice painting, but I'm distracted by the earrings - turquoise?

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest: