Going to have a yardsale

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This weekend. Our community is having one and I did not want to be bothered in it but decided now that I need to be. My daughter who is now three when her teeth started coming in one came in and it looked like it had a hole in it. So I took her to the dentist and he said let's just watch it and see how it goes.... come back in six months...

Fast forward six months is here and she's crying her tooth hurts I look in her mouth and the thing is brown and probably needs to come out! We go back to the dentist he wants to put her on anabiotic's for two months and then trying to do a root canal on March 26! She still on Medicaid since we adopted her and I'm not going to wait two months for her to get her tooth fixed!

So tomorrow I am taking her to another dentist to get a second opinion who does not take her insurance. And she has to be on the anabiotic for three days starting today. then we will be able to do whatever they have to do. Only thing is I'm paying cash now instead of using her insurance that makes sure you go through all the steps in order to get her approved to have the work done!

My wife has open enrollment for her work and we were going to put her on my wife's insurance. But she will not be active on there until April. So I'm going to have a yard sale now and sell a ton of stuff to try to get some of the money for this dental procedure whenever it will be! Which to be honest I don't care how much it is because I want her to be happy and her tooth to be better!

As a father seen your child in any kind of pain is not fun. Especially when I tried to have them fix it six months ago! Moral of the story is we will be finding a new dentist!

And if any of you live in Fort Myers or near here I can give you the gate code if you want to come just inbox me. And come to my house and we can ride around the neighborhood together at 7 AM in the morning before they start! :)

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck and hopefully you do well so that she can get better quick! Doesn't sound like fun...

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take some pics! Good luck and be prepared for nickel and dimers trying to get your stuff for obscene giveaway prices.

PS- That sounds ridiculous for a dentist to want to put a kid on antibiotics until March 26, I've never heard of such a thing. If he's that busy then he should have referred you to someone else. You don't take antibiotics for 2 months, your kid will have diarrhea within the first 2-3 weeks probably. Not to mention the bacteria building up a resistance to it or a possible secondary infection like c difficile. You may want to think about finding another permanent dentist.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will post some pictures as I get it more organized. Everything is in a big pile right now!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the one I'm going to try to sell and see if I can get 20 bucks for or $ 25. But in the front of it has sports cards.

image-2920790589.jpg

image-1977145317.jpg

Then the back of it has Coins and currency. Nothing really special that I don't have a whole bunch of anyways so I'll see if somebody picks it up for $25. There are a lot of people here from out of town so there's a good possibility it will go.

image-538217419.jpg

image-538217419.jpg

image-2595062007.jpg

image-2595062007.jpg

image-1683628435.jpg

There was 10 $2 bills but I kept those! We will see because I'm going to act like I don't know there's coins in the thing! Maybe I will let my wife sell it saying it was her brothers or something...

Attachments

• image-4101491651.jpg
    image-4101491651.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 101

StormSurge

Oct 6, 2011
S E Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing worse than not being able to fix your kids pain. You may hurt worse than she does.
Hey, see if your new dentist will take foriegn money looks like you have plenty of that.

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have not heard of two months of antibiotics. My daughter just had to get some and went to Publix and they were free with the prescription. Besides which, most antibiotics are prescribed for a week to ten days as far as I know. I don't know the particulars but someone told me that Publix offers free antibiotics under certain conditions. I may be wrong but it is worth checking out. Another daughter also got antibiotics for some kind of tooth infection and I believe they were also free. With his record I would want to check his credentials and license. We stumbled on an unlicensed doctor once in the Keys. Just because he has some pretty diplomas hanging on the wall doesn't make it so. I can print up anything to become whatever I would want to be with today's technological abilities and a good printer. Check him out.

I would also find it hard to believe that a pharmacy would fill such an order for antibiotics for a child.

About your play money, I find it very hard to get rid of for any price. Most people don't have any idea of the exchange rate or what is of value and what is worthless. That makes it real hard to sell.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was talking with my neighbor and guess what??? The yard sales on February 21... So I guess I have more time to find more junk my house to sell! I was looking so forward to it this weekend! I was already losing sleep and it's not till Saturday!

As far as her tooth she was a drug baby that we adopted and her mom was very heavy and different medications prescription and nonprescription while she was pregnant. So I think that has something to do with it a little bit anyways...

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing that oddly works on eBay is junk drawer lots. Throw in some coins, cards, junk jewelry.....and BAMM $300.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
This^! I am doing a junk drawer lot myself! Seems to work best if the stuff is lying on a dark colored cloth(green, brown, etc..). Good Luck with that tooth Beachkid. And with that weird dentist.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well today's ago I put everything in my store 20% off and I have sold enough in two days to pay for my daughters whole surgery! I called another dentist and we have an appointment Monday morning and they are going to fix whatever the problem is. So I am totally happy with where this has gone with a little bit of phone calls and talking to people were able to figure out what needs to be done and actually get it done!

I did buy a coin collection a small one today then I will do another thread on. I also bought this game with ducks in it and they have been cracking for two hours in the car nonstop quacking. I don't see a power button I'm hoping it will die or I'm going to throw it away!

StormSurge

Oct 6, 2011
S E Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you got it figured out. Hope all goes well for your little girl too. That's what daddy's are for "making there little girls boo-boos go away". .:thumbsup:

MRBeyer

Apr 25, 2007
Moses Lake, WA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster and MXT, sluice
Beachkid, until you get the artificial antibiotics try some natural antibiotics. Polypropolis is Queen bee honey, it contains the antibacterial agents found in honey, just highly concentrated. Another is Goldenseal Root Extract, comes as a powder in a capsule. Use the powder on cuts and it will cause immediate coagulation. Taken orally it is an effective antibiotic. If you get a venomous spider or scorpion bite/sting you can use the powder to remove the poison. Look online for homeopathy directions. I've done it a couple times for Hobo spider bites. If you know someone on low dose antibiotics (pregnant, etc) have them take these with their normal antibiotics. A friend of ours had that problem and it really helped.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
We adopted too, and our little one came with Medicaid also.

Here is the skinny:

When the dentists bill Medicaid, they don't get reimbursed for squat.

Let's say there is regular $400 dental procedure for the average Joe that walks in. In the end, the dentist get's $400 for the work. If you have dental insurance, he might get $150 or $200 from your insurance company.

Let's say a Medicaid patient walks in and needs the same $400 procedure. The dentist does it, but when they get reimbursed my Medicaid, they literally might only get $31. They can't by law or contract deny services to the Medicaid patient. They have to perform it, even if it takes 3 hours for them to do the work. What the dentist controls is when they complete the dental work.

So the game is played by putting you and your daughter off for months, and scheduling you as far out as humanly possible.

It is his way of saying "Do NOT come back."

The dentist knows that she'll be in too much pain to wait that long, and you will have her in an ER or another dentist's office by Feb. 15th, at the latest. The dentist just passed the buck, and your daughter will pay the price.

Here is what you do:

I'm guessing that someplace in FM, FL accepts all the Medicaid dental work in the metro area.

All Children"s Hospital?
How about a university dental school?
Have you called the agency that handled the adoption to ask where most of the foster kids go for dental work??

In our area, we are blessed to have Riley Children's Hospital. They could care less if you have Medicaid or not. They are pretty awesome, and use IU dental students to do most of the work.

Brace yourself, beachkid. 98% of the dentists don't accept Medicaid, and when they do, they will treat you like the slimiest scum on earth. Heck, they will treat you like that when you utter the words "we adopted her and she came with Medicaid."

I had a dentist tell me once "We only perform dental on people that work", and said it with such a sneer that it still ticks me off when I think about it. Another dentist told me in a huff "that you'll be paying for what Medicaid doesn't."

And last, but not least, the boy dentist, Dr. Spode, stopped working in the middle of my daughters procedure when the secretary told him that she was Medicaid. When she told him, the boy dentist claimed that my daughter bit him and drew blood, but she was under at the time. Isn't it funny that the boy dentist stuck his hands in his pockets, when I politely asked him to show me where he got bit??

The dentists know how to play the game, even if it means saying that a kid bit them, and refusing to finish the work.

Lastly:

Don't tell anyone in the general public that your DD is on Medicaid. People will think you are SCUM of the earth and are milking the system, even though your DD gets free Medicaid from the state as an incentive to get people to adopt children in the FC system. People, in general, just don't understand how it works.

I have a neighbor that learned our DD is on Medicaid because we adopted her, and would be on Medicaid, even if I made $28 million a year. The neighbor immediately, just like all of the dentists, assumed we were PWT that was milking the system. Their is a big rumor around our 'hood that we are white trash because our DD is on Medicaid.

While I am on a roll, I'll say this: It would be nice, every now and then, to get a "like" or some other type of acknowledgement from you. Some of us spend a decent amount of time trying to help you...and then never hear a word back. You are popular on this forum, but I think some acknowledgement from time to time would behoove you, and increase your popularity 100X over.

Last edited:

AwakenYouthful

Aug 31, 2014
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay away from antibiotics. Killing the bacteria in your body is a horrible plan, and I'm amazed medical still gets away with their insanity. Antibiotics are well known to cause MAJOR, long term health issues. Tooth decay has nothing to do with bacteria, and everything to do with an overly acidic body. Acids break down teeth and tissue, not bacteria. Bacteria are there to help clean up, they are the cleaners of our sewer system, the lymphatic system, which is horribly backed up in almost everyone. Waste is acidic and these acids are breaking down the body from the inside out.

Put all that medical money to something that will actually benefit the child, like an fruitarian diet and some healing herbs to get her detoxing and cleansing her body. Let the body heal itself, the way nature intends. The body is an intelligent organism and knows how to clean itself, but we need to control what we put in it.

Great naturopath, changing thousands of lives including my own, living there in your state. CHECK HIM OUT...and save money and lives...

https://www.youtube.com/user/robertmorsend
Welcome - Dr Morses Herbal Health Club

Their clinic is helpful and loving and will get you and your family on the road to health.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We adopted too, and our little one came with Medicaid also. Here is the skinny: When the dentists bill Medicaid, they don't get reimbursed for squat. Let's say there is regular $400 dental procedure for the average Joe that walks in. In the end, the dentist get's $400 for the work. If you have dental insurance, he might get $150 or $200 from your insurance company. Let's say a Medicaid patient walks in and needs the same $400 procedure. The dentist does it, but when they get reimbursed my Medicaid, they literally might only get $31. They can't by law or contract deny services to the Medicaid patient. They have to perform it, even if it takes 3 hours for them to do the work. What the dentist controls is when they complete the dental work. So the game is played by putting you and your daughter off for months, and scheduling you as far out as humanly possible. It is his way of saying "Do NOT come back." The dentist knows that she'll be in too much pain to wait that long, and you will have her in an ER or another dentist's office by Feb. 15th, at the latest. The dentist just passed the buck, and your daughter will pay the price. Here is what you do: I'm guessing that someplace in FM, FL accepts all the Medicaid dental work in the metro area. All Children"s Hospital? How about a university dental school? Have you called the agency that handled the adoption to ask where most of the foster kids go for dental work?? In our area, we are blessed to have Riley Children's Hospital. They could care less if you have Medicaid or not. They are pretty awesome, and use IU dental students to do most of the work. Brace yourself, beachkid. 98% of the dentists don't accept Medicaid, and when they do, they will treat you like the slimiest scum on earth. Heck, they will treat you like that when you utter the words "we adopted her and she came with Medicaid." I had a dentist tell me once "We only perform dental on people that work", and said it with such a sneer that it still ticks me off when I think about it. Another dentist told me in a huff "that you'll be paying for what Medicaid doesn't." And last, but not least, the boy dentist, Dr. Spode, stopped working in the middle of my daughters procedure when the secretary told him that she was Medicaid. When she told him, the boy dentist claimed that my daughter bit him and drew blood, but she was under at the time. Isn't it funny that the boy dentist stuck his hands in his pockets, when I politely asked him to show me where he got bit?? The dentists know how to play the game, even if it means saying that a kid bit them, and refusing to finish the work. Lastly: Don't tell anyone in the general public that your DD is on Medicaid. People will think you are SCUM of the earth and are milking the system, even though your DD gets free Medicaid from the state as an incentive to get people to adopt children in the FC system. People, in general, just don't understand how it works. I have a neighbor that learned our DD is on Medicaid because we adopted her, and would be on Medicaid, even if I made $28 million a year. The neighbor immediately, just like all of the dentists, assumed we were PWT that was milking the system. Their is a big rumor around our 'hood that we are white trash because our DD is on Medicaid. While I am on a roll, I'll say this: It would be nice, every now and then, to get a "like" or some other type of acknowledgement from you. Some of us spend a decent amount of time trying to help you...and then never hear a word back. You are popular on this forum, but I think some acknowledgement from time to time would behoove you, and increase your popularity 100X over.

Awe, thanks for taking the time to write that. That's about how it is too. I'm taking her to a doctor and paying out of pocket 100% on Monday. Even if I had to fly to pa to get her fix up through my dentist I would. It's a joke. But half of America seems to be on Medicaid as well. So what is the point of complaining. I'm not. But i can't afford to go to the dr. It's too much money! Thank goodness my neighbors are paramedics. They can solve it all!

Now for the last part... I'm not trying to be rude by not answering. Most of the time I don't know squat about whatever is posted. Like glass... Don't mess with it. It could be worth a fortune... I would leave it... I'm mostly jewelry and coins. I can't comment too much on something I don't know because I know little about it. But I'm learning everyday new stuff. Esp from this site. I have been thinking about signing off for a couple months and focusing on growing my business. But I'm afraid I'll forget my password. It's hard not to look on this site. I have learned more here then In the last 6 months then the last 3 yrs previous.

Most of the time I don't have a lot of time though. And that's why I have short answers to what I do post. My wife is at work from 6 am- 3 pm. I have kids in the am, school, daycare, lunches, busses... eBay is my full time gig. All my income is from there. Kids getting off the bus, homework, daycare pick up. Dinner (no cleaning, hate cleaning) then sometime In between thrift shop, yard sales and list stuff on line. Through 3 weeks of the flu in with a crazy stomach bug.....

(One reason I post so much on here is because you all are the only ones who care) I use to call my grandma and tell her everything I bought instead of posting on here. I told her everything and she loved hearing it! We talked every Saturday night for the last 3 yrs. she recently passed away. No one else gives a crap in my family about what I buy. Just what it sells for. So for the time being.... I will probably continue to post random stuff. I wear my heart on my sleeve and just came out of the worst time In my life. Learning. God is good and life/ family is the best!

I will try to answer more if I can. I just don't have much to say when I'm not sure what you have. Hope all is well, have a good night!

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I really, really hate to see you pay 100% out of pocket for the procedure. I really do.

Call the agency that you worked with, and talk to a case worker. They'll know where to send you, I promise! You will know for the future.

Man, I will say this: I am glad you aren't picking in my area. I'd have to get a job, and give up this as a full time business!!!

Your posts are great. I love reading them. I wasn't talking about you posting on other people's threads. I was talking about you following up on your own threads. Sometimes I feel like I get left hanging, LOL!!! I honestly started wondering if you had me on 'ignore'. Sometimes I feel like the other posters spend time typing replies to your threads, and then we never hear back from you. People on this forum like you...you are popular here, just give some acknowledgement to our replies from time to time, or bust out on some 'likes'. Of course, none of it is required, and we post because we want to help, but to me, giving a 'like' is like saying "thank you' when someone holds the door open for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread