Pearl?? Necklace

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Picked up this necklace last year in a large lot of fine jewelry. Would appreciate any info on the maker and/or the necklace itself. I've got no idea if those are real pearls or not. With the 14k clasp & knots between the pearls I think it has to be worth something. It weighs a lot more than I would expect for a necklace of it's size.

001.JPG 952.JPG 953.JPG

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pearls are very hard to value unless you do it all the time. is there a high class jewelry store the sells pearls nearby? Take it there to get an opinion and "possibly sell"

remember jewelry stores "keystone" price their new merchandise. (double the cost and then double it again)

and if it is used they will offer even less. ask to see same type of pearls in their case.

OR, BRIGHT IDEA FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

take the pearls in and tell them that they are your wife's and you want to buy a matching bracelet for v-day.
Then you should get a more accurate idea of the value. If they ask what you paid, play dumb. your wife got them from long past aunt.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. Looks like large colored freshwater pearls. I would ask $120.00 if so. It's all in the marketing of the piece and the 14k clasp helps. The pearls themselves can be purchased fairly cheaply. The Chinese pearl farms dropped the bottom out of the pearl market in the last 15 years

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Chinese pearl farms dropped the bottom out of the pearl market in the last 15 years
Don't tell that to the shops on Mikimoto Pearl Island in Eastern Japan. I visited there about 2 years ago. Simple pierced earrings (1 pearl each) were over $500 to $1200 a pair. and an 18K chain with 1 pearl was over a grand. I know because someone just had to have them. ;(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread