Estate Sale finds Yesterday

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
One of the local estate sale companies had an invitation only sale yesterday. This particular person over prices stuff & has a huge list of idiots that buy just enough stuff to keep prices high. Of course the heirs get screwed because most things sell for half price or get donated at the end of the sale. Anyway, I go because I can generally find a few items worth buying.

1207.JPG 1217.JPG 1222.JPG 1223.JPG

I paid $5 for the David Andersen butterfly pin. The sterling match book covers weigh in at 3 ozt & were in a box with match boxes for $2. I paid $100 for the Norman Rockwell sterling Boy Scout coins thinking they were 1 ounce each. Turns out they are .8 ozt. Fortunately sets sell on eBay for $200+. The 2 carved wood figures are Henning from Norway & were $35. No idea how I'll do on those. The small ones seem to sell between $20-100.....but these are 13" tall & none that big have sold lately. I saw a post recently about the Danish Modern candlesticks or I would have passed on those. Paid $10 each. I picked up a set of Georg Jensen carving utensils with brass handles that I haven't found comps for yet. I also picked up a set of flatware I should triple my money on. The wife picked up 2 nice West German stoneware garden gnomes for cheap that look like they might sell in the $80-100 range but I doubt she will sell them.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That D-A butterfly is a real treasure. Hot item for collectors of Scandinavian jewelry collectors and the Butterfly fans. I would think that calico enamel would be rare. I've not seen that one offered very often. Most are a solid color. I always have my eyes peeled looking for the Scandinavian stuff. It's so unique in design and well made and a lot of collectors out there with money to spend on those collections of theirs. Super finds at that estate sale.

OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I'm pretty sure I'm listing the butterfly as an auction with a $119 start price. It measures approximately 2-3/8" wide by 1-3/8" high.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread