A few More Items

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Here's a few more pictures from yesterday. These people had an estate sale "professional" come in & "value" some of these items. Then the pro attempted to sell things...without much success. Some of the prices were still on the items. The people assured me those were NOT their asking prices. Anyway, on to the pictures.

The 1st is a LLadro sculpture called "Born Free". Priced by the pro at $4200, available on Amazon for $3000 shipped. The next is a bowl the pro said was worth $2500. Marked on the bottom "Made in Hong Kong" in red letters. The 2 figures were marked in the $600 range. Pottery & about 36" tall. The Buddha & the Foo Dog(or whatever) are carved stone of some sort. No markings of any kind.

024.JPG 022.JPG 021.JPG 017.JPG 014.JPG

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$250 for all of it. Maybe a little more. I would not mess with that horse though. You're gonna put probably... I can't imagine how much to ship that thing! I don't know about any of that stuff as well. Having the horse statue would be cool if someone would come by it from me and pick it up and put it in their car. I would not ship it! You could probably do a local pick up maybe depending where you live. I guess so if even got $600 for it and somebody came and got it you make out. I'm probably not the right person to answer though because I don't mess with breakables all that often because they break and everybody wants their money back. it ended up being a huge waste of time for me.

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't mess with breakables all that often because they break and everybody wants their money back.

For a couple of grand, I'd mess with it. That is what insurance is for. Pad the bejeezus out of it and double box it with plenty of padding between boxes. Then slap FRAGILE stickers all over it. Ship it with signature confirmation. If it breaks, the buyer can file an insurance claim and you get to keep the buyer's money.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've called them out before when I see something priced well past retail. Doesn't do any good but it gives me the satisfaction of letting them know they are idiots and shouldn't be in business. It's even better if the client is within earshot. I've asked them straight out, how can you justify these prices when I can sit at home in the comfort of my lounge chair and have this delivered to me for less money? They usually look at me like I'm crazy, which I am. Crazy like a fox!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread