So I bought a dead guys tooth

silvernd

Oct 15, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Well technically I bought a vintage grooming kit at an estate sale that just so happened to have a gold crown in it. It was $1 and I almost skipped it for being too weird. Wife wouldn't let it in the house so it's already been to the refiner. $35 richer, and the vintage clippers might bring in another $10 if ebay has anything to say about it.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea it is a little different of a find. I once found an entire mouth partial plate while searching an old house site. I had to take a hammer to it in order to extract the gold. It was a high karat and I think I got a couple hundred for it. Hard part was the creepy feeling of busting it all apart. But hey, gold is gold.:thumbsup:

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold is gold. No creepy thoughts there with me buying a tooth, teeth or a grill. Good buy!

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found one too
Picture 10.jpg
Gary

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea it is a little different of a find. I once found an entire mouth partial plate while searching an old house site. I had to take a hammer to it in order to extract the gold. It was a high karat and I think I got a couple hundred for it. Hard part was the creepy feeling of busting it all apart. But hey, gold is gold.:thumbsup:

Hammer works good! Had to do this with about 10 I found at an estate dumpster. Guy said they threw the jewelry away! I was happy with it.

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a high karat white gold (18k acid tested) bridge in a parking lot adjacent to a condo where there was an estate sale going on.

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold is gold. No creepy thoughts there with me buying a tooth, teeth or a grill. Good buy!

He's right, gold is gold. I have a pretty large jar full of dentures and bridges that I've picked up over the years. I know ther are gold but I'm saving them for prices to go back up

I once picked a dental implant lab where dentures were made! I ended up with all kinds of great stuff, including the contents of the precious metals locker full of gold, silver and other valuable metals used in the manufacture of said dentures/bridges

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got one in my mouth

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a gold crown in a GW jewelry bag... kinda odd, but as you said, gold is gold!

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with others, gold is gold, as long as the owner wasn't alive when you removed it! :)
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1425966182.619823.jpg
....do your chain hang low??
Seriously though, if you want to be amazed, watch this!

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad reminds me about once a year not to let them put him in the ground without first getting his teeth. Some people are horrified by this. Others are more horrified that I laugh when I say it.

Just picked up two recently.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread