Yardsale drive by

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My neighbor and I went to this community sale this weekend. we went to a lot of houses before they even open the gates. But kind of funny story I was driving by one house and I had two tables out maybe 15 feet from the road in the driveway and I just looked over and drop down to about 4 miles an hour maybe five. Mostly clothes and shoes. Well in the center of the table there was a break and this is exactly what I saw from the road... image-740374904.jpg But a lot farther away. Hit the brakes backed up parked the car. Jumped out ran up to the table my neighbor thought I was nuts. But I knew exactly what they were from the road without hesitation!! $10 each!! I'll take them! image-1517847027.jpg

To think I almost missed out on purchasing twins because I assumed it was nothing good at the house because of two small tables!!

Attachments

• image-31718510.jpg
    image-31718510.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 122

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
My neighbor and I went to this community sale this weekend. we went to a lot of houses before they even open the gates. But kind of funny story I was driving by one house and I had two tables out maybe 15 feet from the road in the driveway and I just looked over and drop down to about 4 miles an hour maybe five. Mostly clothes and shoes. Well in the center of the table there was a break and this is exactly what I saw from the road... View attachment 1128989 But a lot farther away. Hit the brakes backed up parked the car. Jumped out ran up to the table my neighbor thought I was nuts. But I knew exactly what they were from the road without hesitation!! $10 each!! I'll take them! View attachment 1128990

To think I almost missed out on purchasing twins because I assumed it was nothing good at the house because of two small tables!!

How are these not completely obsolete due to smartphones?

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Because it would be pretty easy to cheat in class if you were using a graphing smartphone for tests.

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, every time I see them I pick these up. I try to list them right before a new school semester starts.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a TI 83 plus silver edition this weekend...it was marked $10, I offered $5 and they said sure...I listed it for $50 and it sold in two hours.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow, I have one next to me now. Never used anymore. Thanks

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys remember the HP 01 LCD calculator wrist watches from the late 70"s?

Fetching 1500 plus now. Keep the peeps open for yard sale treasure!
(can't tell you how many I blew up with firecrackers)

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did 2, one day auctions. Starting at $29.99. The first sold for $40. The second is still listed ends tonight. Somebody bought it who has an electronics store. Love the easy sales!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one somewhere in the box still. Nice find on a drive by. We do drive by's too on the one table sales with piles of clothing laying in the yard.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a joke those calcs are in school...
NO ONE remembers em or uses em.
BUT all FORCED to buy one...

More junk we buy that lays around collecting dust.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread