Not Really A Garage Sale but A Dumpster Find

b_kauz

Jan 3, 2011
Stopped by Walmart to pick up a box to ship an eBay item in from the roll off recycling bins they have in their parking lot. Spot a box that looks like the right size and go grab it. As I get in the car and open it up look what falls out 136 vintage rock/heavy metal band patches all in great unused condition! Figure they are from the late 80's to early 90's. Not a bad find for free and should sale nicely :)

Attachments

• Patches.jpg
    Patches.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 177

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Are you going to sell seperately or as a lot?

Sent from a empty soda can!

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are many collectors of the '80's hard rock stuff. My thought is you'd do better selling in small groups or singles due to having duplicates. I sold a vintage Metallica tshirt with holes and faded for $26+ shipping a couple weeks ago. They were happy with the tshirt and the price! Good luck!

oldsurfer

Feb 22, 2015
Florida West Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur, Whites Coinmaster Classic III (oldie!), Bounty Hunter Land Tracker, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool! I never find stuff like that in the trash! :tongue3:

OP
OP
B

b_kauz

Jan 3, 2011
I listed them tonight with an opening bid of $199 which if they get even one bid I will be happy. I figure these should sell for about $2-$4 a piece with a couple going a little higher if sold in smaller lots or individually. If they don't get a bid I will probably break them down into smaller lots.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread