Last Weekends Finds, My Best Paperweight Yet and more.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Weekend's Finds, My Best Paperweight Yet and more.

Highlights from this past weekends sales include- 6 1/2" Rick Satava Jellyfish paperweight. Paperweight was purchased at a moving sale, the wife spied it first. All I can figure is it was a gift or something, because they only charged us $12 for it. Purchased a few other things there too and spent a total of $30. Photos were taken with a lighted base that I already owned.

DSC01165.jpg DSC01169.jpg

The next finds came from a family run estate sale, they came from Virginia just to have the sale.
First is a small lot of Royal Doulton Coaching Days Seriesware-

DSC01267.jpg

A Bob Hope Classic Participant Acrylic/Lucite display piece with a miniature bottle of Pinch Scotch encased in it.

DSC01262.jpg

A Gentile Paperweight.

DSC01259.jpg

Two Camrose & Kross Jacqueline Kennedy replica pieces, a watch and a necklace.

DSC01206.jpg

Also a 4 0z. bottle Parfums Galanos EDT.

DSC01245.jpg

Here are a few of the strange items that were also found. A Moose Poop Pellet pin brooch (everybody needs one of these! :tongue3:) and a tiny set of dice inside of a bottle, and a small wooden container that I have no idea what it is/was used for. Coincidentally, I also spent $30 at this sale, which also included some more items that are not shown.

DSC01256.jpg DSC01258.jpg DSC01254.jpg

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig... Coool picks...
Love that Paperweight... by far best one I have seen.
I hd a cool one years ago... that one is way better.
The little container...
I have some of them from all ages... some were used for holding needles / fishhooks... whatever really.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have seen them used for holding wooden matches. Most homes in the early part of the century had gas stoves. Everyone had a box of wooden matched in the kitchen. Not to conventient when you left home to take the big box of matches, so they used items such as your wooden tube with a lid to take some matched with them.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. The Satava piece is an amazing buy. Worth some bucks!

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'd have a hard time parting with the Satava jellyfish.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been watch for interesting paper weights. Still watching. That is a fantastic find.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's an art glass store on the Pearl Street Mall in Boulder Colo. They sell Rick Satava weights. They're absolutely beautiful. Some are like maybe 12 or more inches tall. They ain't cheap. Nice find on a true work of art.

Last edited:

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that jellyfish! Beautiful colors.

I believe I have seen those wooden cases holding needles before.

The moose poops are novelties sold in just about every store in Alaska. However, I have never seen one with that decorative mount/pin before.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that jellyfish! Beautiful colors.

I believe I have seen those wooden cases holding needles before.

The moose poops are novelties sold in just about every store in Alaska. However, I have never seen one with that decorative mount/pin before.
I like the jellyfish too. I have it listed for $299.99, it has 15 watchers so far. I sold the Jackie Kennedy replica watch for $29.99 already. The wooden case probably is a needle case now that I think about it. That's about the only thing that would fit in it anyway. This moose poop came from Woolworth's. Still has the price tag on it. Just not something you see in south Florida everyday. I like novelties, always have.

DSC01257.jpg

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the jellyfish too. I have it listed for $299.99, it has 15 watchers so far. I sold the Jackie Kennedy replica watch for $29.99 already. The wooden case probably is a needle case now that I think about it. That's about the only thing that would fit in it anyway. This moose poop came from Woolworth's. Still has the price tag on it. Just not something you see in south Florida everyday. I like novelties, always have.

View attachment 1147645

That is a "vintage" moose poop! When did Woolworth's close? Explains why I haven't seen one in that kind of setting before. Lol

Again, I think that jellyfish is fantastic, you shouldn't have any problem selling it. Sounds like everybody likes it [emoji4]

The Boots

Oct 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Jellyfish is awesome. I like the moose poop though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread