Finding who made this is driving me nuts

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I may never find it but it's now complete. But it's a 14 carat diamond sapphire bracelet, earrings and pendant. Probably one of the nicest things I've ever bought. (Hopefully the most valuable thing I've ever bought.) I have to find somewhere to appraise it this week or next. I haven't been able to find anything similar to it whatsoever. All I know is that the lady who owned it worked at the Pentagon for her whole career. She made lots of money and bought really expensive jewelry. She also bought antique jewelry nothing new. So hopefully I can find something out about this shortly. But I thought I would share the set now that it's complete. I have $900 in it.

The stones are pink sapphire, blue sapphire, sunrise sapphire and diamond's.

image-284862661.jpg

image-1506578253.jpg

image-1692501506.jpg

Attachments

• image-3846643734.jpg
    image-3846643734.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 137

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you feel like waiting, why not take some really close, high resolution photos and send them off to some well know appraisers/experts? They might be able to provide you with a lead for a small price.

The set is nice enough to learn more before a quick flip. That short amount of time awaiting more info could make your investment increase exponentially.

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe this is dumb question but did you ask her where she bought it? Or had she passEd?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
List with BIN at 5000.

My guess without seeing the stone quality is 2800 - 3600
If quality of stones is exceptional... up to 5k.

The "allure" of this is the "set".

I base this IF stones a natural and non synthetic...
If synthetic... knock off 1000... so 1800 ish +

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help. As far as I've been told the stones are all natural. I have a cheapo diamond tester is well and the diamonds rings High also the sapphires ring almost as high as the diamonds do. I've taken to other jewelers they have said the same thing as well. But I need to find a gemologist to get a better idea. The bracelet alone has 140 small diamonds in it. I don't think I can count the sapphires I think it'll drive me crazy!

I going to take it to a gemologist today however I'm not gonna leave it with him I don't think. The set weight total is about 49 to 50 g. It would have been heavier but I accidentally broke the chain so I had to put a different one on it.

Here is a picture of the makers Mark. I don't know if it's a back to back C or a Shamrock.

image-3801683166.jpg

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure how I missed this original post but that is an awesome collection. that has got to be worth far more than you have in it!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
remember --they can't drive you nuts--unless you give them the keys ..and often being driven nuts , is just a short trip around the block...

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's tucked away in the safe deposit box. And listed on eBay. Although now I have to pull it out and take better pictures of it so one of these days that is the plan. I had the prettiest and we are happy and full of appraised for... so now to get somebody to buy it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread