Royal-looking vintage Saks Fifth Avenue jewelry box

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also picked this up recently:

Can't find anything about it. Very high quality, weighs a respectable 16oz. or so.

There is a "122" hallmark on on of the inside hinges. Nothing else etched into the metal.

Box itself seems brass. Crest appears to be silver and is extremely well detailed.

Can't find anything like it online. I have a feeling there's a name for this sort of thing that I'm not thinking of... anyone?

IMG_9437 (1).JPG IMG_9437 (1).JPG IMG_9439.JPG IMG_9440.JPG IMG_9441.JPG IMG_9442.JPG

jochart

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice piece. I buy up anything with the sak 5th ave logo and it usually has gold or silver on it. their stuff is well made by high-end jewelry makers

OP
OP
G

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I could see the quality and feel the weight of this from a mile away. The Saks branding was a bonus. Crest is probably silver but I don't want to test it because the patina is nice, and maybe intentional. Don't want to scratch it.

OP
OP
G

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Genius!

Would have never guessed it was a purse. Unfortunately that means the area where the strap is supposed to attach is completely missing on mine. Is there a way to look up the sold price on Etsy or do I have to message the buyer?

I'm guessing $150-200 range with the strap... and not much without, since it's supposed to be a purse :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions