Dansk Flatware

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Got a somewhat late start this morning & spent way too much time at the 1st sale I stopped at. When I got to the 2nd sale there was a pile of people crowded into a 2 car garage that was full of stuff. I started on one side & worked my way to the other. In the last box I looked at there was a small rubbermaid container. I wasn't expecting much because I had seen several people rummage through that box. When I opened it up it was full of Dansk wood handled flatware. I asked the lady how much & she told me it went with the 2 boxes that were sitting there. They were full of wood trays & a fondue set. When I asked her how much for both boxes she told me I could have it if I bought something. I told her I hadn't found anything else yet & asked her to name a price. When she shrugged & told me $1 I was so surprised I told her I'd give her $5. I haven't looked up anything else from the boxes but expect the flatware to sell in the $150-300 range. After I took the boxes out to the truck I came back for a 2nd look. Ended up getting 6 Doony & Bourke purses, a set of hearing aids, & 3 ozt sterling for another $8.

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dansk is a great name and sells very well on ebay. I've sold several lots of it recently, one set I paid $5 for that went for $60. Good job scoring that!

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a somewhat late start this morning & spent way too much time at the 1st sale I stopped at. When I got to the 2nd sale there was a pile of people crowded into a 2 car garage that was full of stuff. I started on one side & worked my way to the other. In the last box I looked at there was a small rubbermaid container. I wasn't expecting much because I had seen several people rummage through that box. When I opened it up it was full of Dansk wood handled flatware. I asked the lady how much & she told me it went with the 2 boxes that were sitting there. They were full of wood trays & a fondue set. When I asked her how much for both boxes she told me I could have it if I bought something. I told her I hadn't found anything else yet & asked her to name a price. When she shrugged & told me $1 I was so surprised I told her I'd give her $5. I haven't looked up anything else from the boxes but expect the flatware to sell in the $150-300 range. After I took the boxes out to the truck I came back for a 2nd look. Ended up getting 6 Doony & Bourke purses, a set of hearing aids, & 3 ozt sterling for another $8.

Dooneys? Wow...I am only familiar with new value. Wonder what their resale is? And I love that wood-handled Dansk. I own ONE fork and nobody touches it but me!

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
I stupidly passed up some Dansk candlestick holders a week ago (which were very attractive) because the bottom said "Zinc coated copper". I don't know why I thought Dansk should only be silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread