I NEED a new list!!

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
I know there are several threads in the archives that list "things to look for", but many of them are getting some age.

Likewise, I know that many of the things on these lists are as great right now as they ever were.

I am really interested to know what YOU look for at sales, specifically.

I guarantee you've got ALL my attention !

Where is the action for you??

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only thing I actually look for is vintage toys. I do buy other items but only if they look interesting. I am not a sports person but I did buy a box full of vintage baseball uniform patches which so far have been doing ok.

OP
OP
Piledriver

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
I like precision measuring tools.
Starrett, Lufkin, General, plus German and Italian tool makers.

I am a woodworker, so I like stuff like anglefinders and precision levels.
Just sold my two Starrett vintage levels, for a "you must love it more than I do" price.

OP
OP
Piledriver

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
There are already countless threads just like this...

Yup...and I noted that in the post.
However, the market changes from month to month and I am sure there are people who are now getting action on things that were not there previously.

I am a-fishin' for NEWS !!

(And...er...I've noticed that this part of the forum isn't getting a huge amount of new posts anyway. I like to read this stuff, and I hope to stimulate more comment.)

Last edited:

Punatic

Feb 25, 2014
norcal
Primary Interest:
Other
Vintage video games are hot (no sports games), I do really well with just manuals or empty boxes

NIB printer cartridges

made a killing on
Name brand sunglasses

Vintage toys

Sony discman and Walkmans

Undeveloped Kodachrome films (sold one roll for $100!)

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Vintage video games are hot (no sports games), I do really well with just manuals or empty boxes

^ Yep ... this. Also, vintage computing and boxed computer games (I'm talking floppy disks here, not CD games). Anything that looks like fantasy adventure game (computer or vintage video game) is usually something good to bet on if you don't know the industry well.

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old drop lights especially with wooden handles and the cage . Old Lucy phones . Old welding / safety glasses (wilson , AO ,and others) Vintage cans of spray paint ( check ebay ) Zippo Lighter fluid glass bottles - very valuable . Metal lawn sprinklers , like Rain King , Red Arrow , Buckner . And always buy old Vornado fans or any other old medal fan - I never pay more than $5 or $10 unless it has Brass Blades - sometimes brass blades will be black - always carry a magnet in your pocket .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread