1treasurehunter1

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett Sea Hunter MK2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
14k Gold Tissot Watch & 14k Pendant

Hey everyone,

I found a Ladies 14k Tissot Stylist watch marked "585" on its side. It's my first gold watch! I got it for $10 at an estate sale along with a free Napier brooch. The watch doesn't run. Should I scrap it, fix it or sell as-is?

At another sale I found a Pendant given to a nursing school graduate back in 1938. It's unmarked, however, I could not see any base metal in the engraving, so I bought it for $8. Brought it home and acid tested it; it's real. Weighs over 9.5 grams. Someone converted the piece to a brooch, however, I removed the non-precious metal pin from the back. Should I scrap it or sell it?

SAM_0231.JPG SAM_0233.JPG SAM_0235.JPG SAM_0236.JPG SAM_0237.JPG

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I would scrap them. The watch probably is not worth fixing and since the pins personalized, probably not worth it either. Nice finds though can't go wrong on either of them!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I scrap those small ladies wrist watches, but there are exceptions in some cases. When I do sell them online I pull the movement and show the case on the scale and list into the 2 categories of watches & scrap pm's. 9 times out of 10 the watch is bid highest by buyers of scrap gold. I've also sold the small watches without the precious metals info and scewed myself. That was before all the gold and silver hype came along. :BangHead:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed scrap them

Top Member Reactions