New estate company

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to estate sale today ran by somebody I've never been to before. And I think I'm going to follow them on their website to see when they have more because I was happy with what I bought you know I spent hundred dollars on three things. They had silver coins every little overpriced but I think I did well on their jewelry but maybe that's because I went there at 11:30 in the morning. They had a gold watch I probably should've bought but I hesitated and somebody else bought it right after me but oh well. It was $130. But a gold filled band.

What I did buy was this broach with matching earrings for $30 sterling silver made in Peru I saw one sold like it for $40 or 50 but did not have the charms or the matching earrings. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1438391074.596676.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1438391138.604005.jpg

They had a bunch of jewelry that was costume and all checked for most the owner said so I got a 2.5 g 10K necklace for five dollars. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1438391182.270551.jpg

And then probably or definitely the best out of the three maybe was this one for $65

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1438391255.338054.jpg

There was another bracelet I wish I would have bought. But decided not too. May go back tomorrow. Hope you all have some good luck if you go out tomorrow!

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That set is gorgeous are you going to clean it up at all before you list it? And what kind of bracelet do you regret not picking up? I try not to hesitate too much, people get pretty grabby at sales here although I am occasionally pleasantly surprised by things found late in the day (or 3 days in for that matter).

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That set is gorgeous are you going to clean it up at all before you list it? And what kind of bracelet do you regret not picking up? I try not to hesitate too much, people get pretty grabby at sales here although I am occasionally pleasantly surprised by things found late in the day (or 3 days in for that matter).

I don't know if I should clean the brooch or not it's going to take a while if I do clean it. Unless I take it to my jeweler and he puts it in a steam cleaner it takes 2 1/2 seconds to clean it. Which would be the better idea.

It was a really large sterling silver turquoise cuff bracelet. I think he said it was 150 g. And really large turquoise stones in it. Signed as well. But they were asking $130. Now that I slept, I don't care to go back right now. There will be more in the future.

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have passed on the bracelet also, prices for that kind of thing are allllllll over the place. Re: cleaning, I frequently clean silver by simmering the items with some foil and baking soda, it's miraculous and also gentle as long as the item doesn't contain stones of any kind.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I listed the brooch and earrings for $219 obo. It sold as soon as listing it!! Yeah! Wonder how much it was worth though...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread