From Gino22 creepy doll to my creepy oil on canvas!

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I apologize for not posting this one on the thrift store forum, it's just that it falls in the same category of creepiness of Gino's doll! Several weeks ago I went to a swap meet, and didn't score anything! This was in another town. Since I had taken the day off, I decided to drive around town and go to any and all the thrift stores that I could find! In my very first one I found this oil on canvas from 1963 by artist Joseph A. Kirch. The painting is really creepy, not only the kid with the big eyes that follow you everywhere you go, but also the little girl in the background! You can't see her eyes, but you can tell that she's full of evil! I picked it up for $3.00. A friend of mine loved it! I have it in my hallway, and I get this very eerie feeling when I walk past it! I haven't found anything about the artist, and I don't know if I will! :-)

RJA kid2.jpg kid3.jpg kid1.jpg kid4.jpg

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like this, actually. Size? Trade for a shifty eyed doll?

OP
OP
artslinger

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like this, actually. Size? Trade for a shifty eyed doll?

It's actually a nice size art 16" Long by 20" high, and framed 19" long by 23" high. An artist friend of mine has actually called first dibs on it! She said that she liked that type of art! One thing is for sure, it's different! Thanks for the appreciation of it.

RJA

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Don't get the sense of evil. Probably because she is wearing white. She does have a penetrating gaze.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread