Another break.

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last January I ruptured a tendon in my forearm which kept me from picking for a month.

This Tuesday I twisted my ankle on uneven pavement causing a complete rupture of my Achilles' tendon. image.jpg

I see the surgeon on Tuesday. So it looks like I will be out of action for awhile since I can't drive and don't want to deal with crowds. I will spend time going through my old finds and enjoy reading the posts on TNET.

My last find from last weekend. Victorian Cranberry glass ribbed vase in a silver plated basket

image.jpg image.jpg

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That really sucks! I hope you feel and get better soon! I cannot imagine the torture of not being in the hunt! Good luck finding a treasure amongst your already scored treasures! Love both vases! I see some artwork in the background! I can spot fine art from a mile away with my eyes closed! :-) Take care, great scores await you!

RJA

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OUCH!! So sorry to hear you've had such a run of bad luck. Hope you will get better soon, but looks like a lot of physical therapy in your future.
The vase is amazing!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about your leg. That is one nice looking piece of Cranberry glass. Do you have any thoughts on the maker?

OP
OP
Lost&Found

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the sentiments.

Dig, haven't figured out who made it yet but I have plenty of time now to do research. There are no hallmarks on the basket and there is a pontil indicating that it was hand blown.

One regret I have now is that I found a new honey hole TS that I was only able to spend 10 minutes in and planned to go back next week. I guess I'll have to share it with another picker I know who is not familiar with the area it's in and get a ride with him. Or spend money on a taxi which could be expensive. The store reminded me of the good old days, so packed with goodies, art work, jewelry, ceramics and decent prices.

In speaking with the store manager she said she tries to research what comes in but can't because of the amount of donations they get.

Last edited:

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your injury. Achilles is a tough one...stay focused on getting better. Good luck with new honey hole.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get well soon!

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear of your injury. I hope you make a speedy recovery!! I completely understand not being able to get out and treasure hunt! My wife and I go through withdrawals in the winter here in Ct during the "off season"!! Best wishes to you!!

OP
OP
Lost&Found

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I feel like I am going to miss out on "The Find of a Lifetime"

It's seems like I have too much time on my hands. I'm thinking of how to hook up this to to my dogs.

image.jpg image.jpg

Some animal activist would probably try to get me charged with animal cruelty though

Last edited:

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about your injury. I have one that's starting to bother me a lot too and my ankle area not sure what it is and don't feel like going to the doctor yet!!! I found this though maybe it will help? I might look into it here shortly as well!!! 35 in 6 days,

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1441077417.028907.jpg

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a stunning vase, and I am very sorry about your current incapacitation (I would be climbing the walls) but the main thing I came here to say is YOUR SHIBES ARE SO CUTE! Especially the munchkin-y one. You should definitely turn them into the most adorable Laurel & Hardy-esque scooter pulling dog team ever. If they're into the idea too then you can just tell any critics that it's healthy for dogs to have jobs if they like having jobs, lol (mine is much to lazy but ymmv).

OP
OP
Lost&Found

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beach and Kali thanks for your posts.

Well the verdict is in. Surgery on Thursday. At least the new TV season is starting soon. Good luck everyone in your treasurer hunting. The silver lining, my surgeon referred me to his personal injury attorney. Talk about ambulance chasing LOL.

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you're working towards a solution (hopefully). I find that hunting eBay can help scratch that itch, and I've gotten good enough at it that eBay flips sometimes account for 1/3 to 1/2 of my reselling income in any given month, but ymmv.

OP
OP
Lost&Found

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I got time to search and hone my auction sniping skills. I've picked up a few undervalued things in the past on eBay (silver coins). Especially with newly listed BIN.

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There are a lot of online auctions too, helps me get thru the winter up here when pickings are very slim. Just factor in shipping and buyers premium, and you can find some amazing buys with patience and persistence.
Good luck with your surgery, I had back surgery 3 years ago during the summer and it was tough missing out on sales.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread