Did my ship just come in? Garage Sale oil painting

gravityrules

Feb 20, 2012
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Fisher F5, Fisher 1265-X, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up this oil painting at a garage sale. Owner said his Brother in law moved into a new place and this painting had been left ... BIL wanted it 'gone' so the price sticker said 'Free'! Painting is roughly 30" x 30", canvas is stapled to the rather plain frame. Signature looks like 'F. Scott'.

Any ideas about this artist or potential value of painting?

Attachments

• DSC00006.JPG
    DSC00006.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 133
  • WP_000395.jpg
    WP_000395.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 118

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like a sofa painting of the variety typically sold at shopping mall kiosks in the 80's

OP
OP
G

gravityrules

Feb 20, 2012
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Fisher F5, Fisher 1265-X, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I did see that 'F. Scott' listing on Ebay and several other 'barn scenes' by that artist. Painting subject, style, and signature are different enough on the barn scenes to cause some doubt that this is the same artist that did the sailboats ... but those were the only ones I saw that were close at all.

'Sofa painting' description made me smile ... do they still do 'starving artist' shows? I haven't seen one advertised in years but that was a regular event 'back in the day'.

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I refer to it as factory art. Artists churning out one after another. In New York I still see commercials for these type of art sales at hotels.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread