Ammo. Selling laws? Or regulations?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know very little about guns and ammunition. However I came across two boxes of 38 special ammunition. They were actually given to me. But is there any way special to go about selling them? I know you can't on eBay but what about craigslist or Facebook is there anything I have to worry about? Thanks!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445313466.254745.jpg

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as it isn't an exploding or armor piercing bullet, there isn't any Florida law preventing you from selling it.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your looking for laws against it you'll find them. Just sell it on the QT.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as it isn't an exploding or armor piercing bullet, there isn't any Florida law preventing you from selling it.

No issue in florida as Gib said.... You can legally sell it...Craigslist pulls them down but may take a day or two if your creative with your wording. I bought a nice .45 1911 off of craigslist by guy whose truck blew an engine and he needed money quickly to fix it., got a great deal too...

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have a gun range nearby, see if they have a "for sale" message board. It seems every range i go to has a cork board with private parties selling guns and what not. Magtech seems to be decent stuff and .38 special is the most common caliber for revolvers. You will easily find somebody that is willing to give you cash for that ammo. Just be fair with the price considering your investment. Many people enjoy shooting but our current political climate has made hording and ammo flipping all to common.

There is nothing worse then going to buy ammo and seeing empty shelves or hearing about the flippers buying every box in the case only to sell if for double elsewhere. It creates a non-existent shortage in perpetuity. If you have that happen a handful of times, it makes you not want to shoot what you have and starts to paralyze people.

Selling at the gun range will get that ammo into the hands of an actual shooter and not somebody looking to make double. The buyer will appreciate it and maybe let you shoot his gun! Sounds like a win-win to me

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently was given 8 boxes of ammo . I also needed 2 tires for my truck . I found a guy on craigslist that liked to barter . I got my tires for 3 boxes + $15.00 . The tires are like new .

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is really really REALLY bad advice... "Uh... Just tell the judge you didn't KNOW it was illegal"
As was stated it is legal to sell ammo in Fla.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I buy online all the time from a Houston Co. and I buy at gun shows. In fact, had to call the police a couple of nights ago possible prowler)and gave the officer 200 rounds of .22 and 50 rounds of .44. Now I have a new place to md, when ever I want. Cool state.

Last edited:

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
As was stated it is legal to sell ammo in Fla.

I was responding to the person who said, "If you look for a law against it, you will find one. Sell it on the QT." Without regard to where you are, that is bad advice. If you are not sure something is legal, or what the law is in selling it, I would avoid it. I avoid anything medical because of liability. Until I KNOW something is legal and safe to sell, I typically stay away.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for your replies. I still have them sitting in a box in the closet. Next time I run by the place out there out or the shooting range I'll take them with me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread