Nice haul this weekend

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a few yard/moving/estate sales on Saturday. Picked up a nice piece of fossilized slate about16-18" by 12" by 4" has fern leaves on one side and branches and bark on the other,weighs about 30 lbs. A large specimen of Galena on calcite that weighs in at about 20 lbs. A map from Harpers Weekly that is apparently the first map drawn showing the division of north and south during the Civil War. Two 5 gal buckets filled with old oil cans including some old Harley Davidson full cans and a few other odds and ends. Paid $40. My best and favorite find though was the painting Olde Nantucket by Charles Wysocki. A limited edition print on Canvas 88/300 and it has been signed twice by the artist. has a nice wooden frame with whales carved into the corners. They were asking $35.00 I had $34 and change left. Found one in a gallery with only one signature for $1100.

Attachments

• Wysocki_Olde_Nantucket.jpg
    Wysocki_Olde_Nantucket.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 130

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know anything about art, but I really like that painting and frame. I love the "Americana" feel of it.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds! That print is awesome, the frame is a treasure in itself. You mentioned old oil cans, I see your in Maryland so keep an eye out for old Md. Oyster cans. There is a big collector market for them. I found one down here for .50 and I sold it for $300. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garage-sale-finds/421060-i-found-old-oyster-can.html

Ps- On an an unrelated subject, as a Md. native myself, I'm hoping that one day we will get rid of Daniel Snyder so we can have a winning team again.

jochart

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in my limited experience with art, when the artist signs it twice, he has personally touched it up. may add some extra value

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the frame more than the print and I like the print a lot! Especially since I am originally from New England.

OP
OP
SnakemanBill

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds! That print is awesome, the frame is a treasure in itself. You mentioned old oil cans, I see your in Maryland so keep an eye out for old Md. Oyster cans. There is a big collector market for them. I found one down here for .50 and I sold it for $300. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garage-sale-finds/421060-i-found-old-oyster-can.html

Ps- On an an unrelated subject, as a Md. native myself, I'm hoping that one day we will get rid of Daniel Snyder so we can have a winning team again.
Yeah I was drawn to the frame too. More I look at it the more I like it. Already getting offers for it but I think i'll keep it. Yes old oyster cans are big here. I see a lot of them at auctions and occasionally yard sales They bring a high dollar as do old oyster shucking and crab knives. I picked up a big box full of old oyster and crab knives for $20, sold 6 oyster knives for 30-40 each and the dozen or so crab knives for 10 each. Yes the little Napoleon has ruined a great franchise. Wish it had stayed with the Cook family!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread