diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These items are from 3 different sales. Two estate sales and one yard sale.

My favorite find was this Seminole patchwork jacket. I paid $40 for it yesterday at an estate sale (company held).

DSC03351.JPG

Same sale I got this Disney Haunted Mansion Secret Panel Chest, paid $5. Little wear but nothing extreme. Looking at the completed listings looks like I did just fine with it.-

DSC03334.JPG

Also at the same sale was this old candlestick. Don't know much about it but it has a nice shape that is comparable to this arts & crafts Jarvie signed stick- Rare Signed Robert JARVIE Arts & Crafts Epsilon Period Bronze Candlestick N/R
I'm sure mine isn't worth anything near that one but I liked the look of it. It was $8.

DSC03339.JPG DSC03340.JPG

Sticking with yesterday's sale are these ties. 3 of them are vintage Rooster brand skinny square end ties. I didn't notice the one on the left has color runs in it, it was dark in the closet, the one on the right is a Gieves & Hawkes brand, looked like quality so I bought it. They were .50 a piece-

DSC03354.JPG

Last piece from yesterday is this beaded souvenir bag from USS Constitution Museum? maybe. Can't find a comparable. It was $3.

DSC03346.JPG DSC03347.JPG

A very colorful Pink Murano ashtray with gold flecks was found today for $2 at an estate sale that was held by family-

DSC03343.JPG DSC03344.JPG

Next is a set of Federal glass African Zulu headhunter glasses from the same sale, overall shape is not bad. Haven't found the black glass set yet for a comparable. I paid $5 for the set of 5.

DSC03331.JPG

I bought a Portieux Vallerysthal white opaline decanter too for $2 at this same sale, unfortunately I broke it when I got home. There went a $50 bill, oops.

Last but not least was this cool old lure I found today just a stones throw from my house. It's called the Striper Atom 40 and was made by Bob Pond who formed the Atom Mfg. Company back around the end of WW2. This lure dates to 1948 and seems to be a winner with or without the box. It should clean up pretty well. Has some tan paint or something on the bottom and the hooks.-

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC03330.JPG
    DSC03330.JPG
    595 KB · Views: 152

Jadesun

Greenie
Nov 13, 2015
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites Dualfield, Garrett markII seahunter, Whites M6
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You did good:occasion14:

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love those square bottom ties! I don't wear ties all that often, but when I do I wear interesting vintage ones that I've found and they always get compliments!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
In the 1980's there was a music movement known as "power pop". It loosely followed the punk and new wave movement of the same era. One of the signature "looks" of this movement was skinny ties.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Gieves and Hawkes tie is just like this one. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=161864003341&globalID=EBAY-US

Great stuff Digs! Up here the sales are over until next spring. Maybe an occasional estate sale in the winter but the withdrawals are happening so I really enjoy looking at everyone's finds!!
Thanks, I saw that listing. Probably a one off, I'll throw it up for $20 w/free ship and see what happens. The garage sale season just started down here. It's the only time of year you can be outside and not have a heat stroke, lol. This estate sale is going on again next weekend. The house was so packed that there are 3 rooms and the two car garage (which has rooms built in it) have not even been touched yet and they are stacked from floor to ceiling.

In the 1980's there was a music movement known as "power pop". It loosely followed the punk and new wave movement of the same era. One of the signature "looks" of this movement was skinny ties.
Yeah, the rooster ties date to the 60's according to this guy- Reware Vintage | Rooster Tie Company
I went back today and found one skinny tie that probably dates to the 80's, the rest of the Roosters were gone. Speaking of the 1980's and "short lived movements", there was a design movement called Memphis back in the 80's also. Do you remember these chairs I used to have, they are from that era. Just ran across this, now that the chairs have been gone for a year. Why a Once-Hated 1980s Design Movement Is Making a Comeback

attachment.php
attachment.php

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
These items are from 3 different sales. Two estate sales and one yard sale.

Last but not least was this cool old lure I found today just a stones throw from my house. It's called the Striper Atom 40 and was made by Bob Pond who formed the Atom Mfg. Company back around the end of WW2. This lure dates to 1948 and seems to be a winner with or without the box. It should clean up pretty well. Has some tan paint or something on the bottom and the hooks.-

attachment.php

Love all the items!

I picked-up a large lot of old salt water lures w/boxes a while back (I believe I posted about them before), many were just like the one you found. Nice find!

Salt water lures in good condition are pretty rare for obvious reasons, the “SALT” is a killer. As a helpful note to all, if you find any and the hooks are crappy, many times it pays to replace them. You can find a box of correct size replacement hooks cheap.

Last edited:
OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love all the items!

I picked-up a large lot of old salt water lures w/boxes a while back (I believe I posted about them before), many were just like the one you found. Nice find!

Salt water lures in good condition are pretty rare for obvious reasons, the “SALT” is a killer. As a helpful note to all, if you find any and the hooks are crappy, many times it pays to replace them. You can find a box of correct size replacement hooks cheap.
Yeah, I jumped the gun on that lure. Seems it's only worth maybe $10 w/o the box.
I saw this and thought it was the same lure. I guess this one is it's modern counterpart?
Hab's SR Atom 40 Lure Beachmaster Lure Surf Casting Lure Striped Bass Habs Lure | eBay

Here's mine-
Vintage Saltwater Atom Striper LURE patent no 2611207 Blue Swirl Original Box

Seems strange, there's so much difference in price for identical lures.

PS- I hear you about the treble hooks.

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I went back today and found one skinny tie that probably dates to the 80's, the rest of the Roosters were gone. Speaking of the 1980's and "short lived movements", there was a design movement called Memphis back in the 80's also. Do you remember these chairs I used to have, they are from that era. Just ran across this, now that the chairs have been gone for a year. Why a Once-Hated 1980s Design Movement Is Making a Comeback

That room gives me a headache. WOW!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread