Its either French or Dutch, oil on canvas.

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's either French or Dutch, oil on canvas.

Thank you for reading my post, let me know when you get tired of them, and I'll post many more! :-) I scored this earlier at a thrift store. It's an oil on canvas Landscape with mountains and a river, and what appears to be a castle in the distance. There are two boats, one larger with a flag with the red, white, and blue colors, and a smaller one in the distance To the side, there is a little stretch with small houses. It's very nice in an abstract impressionist style! I'm thinking Dutch :-) The painting is very large at 30" high by 20 inches long

RJA

lore2.jpg lore3.jpg lore4.jpg lore5.jpg lore6.jpg lore1.jpg

Last edited:

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it signed in the lower right corner? It looks like the shadows in the water look like letters in your pics. BTW the flag is for Luxembourg

Last edited:
OP
OP
artslinger

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it signed in the lower right corner? It looks like the shadows in the water look like letters in your pics. BTW the flag is for Luxembourg

It is actually signed lower left. The tricky letter for me is the third one. That looks like an "R" to me. Based on your valuable information, I was able to trace the painting to the Moselle River in Luxembourg. I was thinking that it was Dutch because of the flag. If you look at the link below, that is the same castle as on my painting, and ferrys traveling the river as back when my painting was done in the 50s-60s. It looks exactly like it. I looked for artist from Lux, but not came up with my artist "Lore"? Thanks again, I appreciate it.

GN Voyages - RT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread