Ouija board- with creepy story

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to an estate sale today of a lady here in town. Going through the house not very much to choose from when I was interested in. Until I opened up the game cupboard and they had two Ouija boards inside of it. One glows in the dark the other one does not. I'm not really big on superstition, that stuff doesn't bother me. But I just thought maybe I could resell them to make a couple bucks on them.

I also bought a magic kit, some old bird photos and an old stereo that was probably a waste of money.

I go to pay and the Ouija boards are a dollar each. The lady turns to me and says, these were my daughters favorite games to play. Unfortunately she passed away recently. If you play them let me know if you talk to her!
Here is one of my cards you can call me and let me know what she says!

Me: umm, i'm not sure if I want these now...

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448758086.722363.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448758114.354283.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448758137.719937.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448758161.404251.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448758189.188290.jpg

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, I would have flown out of there! Score or no score! Keep the money, seee yaaaa! :-)

RJA

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was in High School I played with a ouija board with a group of other kids. The first thing it spelled out was "the door is open". I never touched one again.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife and I asked it one time if it was real and it spelled out YES. Will never touch one again.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
"Your daughter said to leave me everything."

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL First thing I would have Done Was Ask her to write her name and phone number and her daughters Name on a Piece of paper & Seal it in an Envelope. Just in case the Board Spelled a Name out, I could double Check After :laughing7:

Seriously though, I've owned a ouija once and it didn't work for me.
only time I ever saw one move was when more then one person is on it at the same time.
& you know how that works. One moves it and pretends they didn't.

as for Value. I doubt used ones are worth much. unless very old & all wood..
The first Ouija boards were produced by the Kennard Novelty Company in 1890.

http://www.williamfuld.com/ouija_boards_ouija.html

or

If you had a Sealed Envelope with the owners name & parents Phone Number,
with this Story. then The Value of both boards together just Skyrocketed to Ghost Hunter types :laughing7:

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would destroy them. I had a bad experience with one a very very long time ago. Won't ever touch one again.

The are an occult practice, and you might something really nasty into your life if you mess around with stuff like that. They're not just toys.

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't buy them. I almost did once. Lady got all weird when I went to check out. Said she didn't know if she could sell it to me. Said strange things happened. I'm not a believer but could tell she was sincere.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just get a ouija app

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
“When you look at the dark side, careful you must be. For the dark side looks back.” – Yoda

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BK if I were you I would toss them right in the trash and take it as a lesson learned. Just my humble opinion. Good Luck!

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
His name was Beachkid23........................

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are all nutso, lol (don't take it personally). I own and have previously owned probably a dozen or so Ouija boards over the years. Not to mention antique books on witchcraft, demonology and satanism among various other "occult" related paraphernalia. It's only evil if you believe it is. A game is a game, a book is a book and the written word was written by mortal man. No hocus pocus going on around here. No demons getting conjured up, no dishes flying out of cabinets by themselves, no one is floating over the bed and speaking in tongues with their neck at an odd angle. The way I see it, if spirits really did exist, then some of our houses would literally be filled with them, considering all of the (sometimes very) personal objects that we have purchased from the dearly departed over the years at estate sales and such. Or maybe I'm just blessed in this respect.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are all nutso, lol (don't take it personally). I own and have previously owned probably a dozen or so Ouija boards over the years. Not to mention antique books on witchcraft, demonology and satanism among various other "occult" related paraphernalia. It's only evil if you believe it is. A game is a game, a book is a book and the written word was written by mortal man. No hocus pocus going on around here. No demons getting conjured up, no dishes flying out of cabinets by themselves, no one is floating over the bed and speaking in tongues with their neck at an odd angle. The way I see it, if spirits really did exist, then some of our houses would literally be filled with them, considering all of the (sometimes very) personal objects that we have purchased from the dearly departed over the years at estate sales and such. Or maybe I'm just blessed in this respect.

same here & it would make it hard to walk around without Bumping into all those Pesky Ghosts & demons.

must limit your finds you take home if you detect where someone May have died also.

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice BEETLEJUICE !
images.jpg

:laughing7:
I wonder how many I sleep with every night.

imag.jpg

Or-gee :thumbsup:

Last edited:

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the early 80's I lived on a dead end road right next to the town dump . Every saturday after it closed I would sneek through the the woods to go pick it . I would find lots of good stuff that I would fix up an sell at a flea market .
One day , in some ones trash I found a OUIJA board that had been ripped up into tiny pieces , I also found some Junk mail with the owners name and address . I brought the pieces home , spent over an hour taping it back together . Then , after midnight I drove to the address and tossed it on their lawn .

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the early 80's I lived on a dead end road right next to the town dump . Every saturday after it closed I would sneek through the the woods to go pick it . I would find lots of good stuff that I would fix up an sell at a flea market .
One day , in some ones trash I found a OUIJA board that had been ripped up into tiny pieces , I also found some Junk mail with the owners name and address . I brought the pieces home , spent over an hour taping it back together . Then , after midnight I drove to the address and tossed it on their lawn .

HahA ! I bet they still tell stories about how it came back after them :laughing7:

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Man I had to laugh at that....but I sure hope the owner doesn't freak out!!! Would of been good to park nearby in the morning and have your video cam going, to catch the expression on their face, and in case they need sudden CPR!

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Man I had to laugh at that....but I sure hope the owner doesn't freak out!!! Would of been good to park nearby in the morning and have your video cam going, to catch the expression on their face, and in case they need sudden CPR!

My mother and my aunts used to play it when they were younger, I remember them telling me about some creepy experiences they had with it, shortly before they got rid of it! Unfortunately I don't recall what they said happened.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Priceless! :notworthy:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that's called littering. Don't let the police see you throwing trash or you could get a ticket. Then you'd wish Casper would pay it for you, but he won't.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread