Do You Have Finds That You Will NEVER Sell???

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, basically my entire dug collection because no one would pay me what I'd need to part with any of it.

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got something i don't plan on parting with anything soon. I purchased a horde of GSA Carson City Morgan silver dollars at a garage/estate sale some time back. They are going to be mine until i die and leave them to my nieces. Just thinking about those coins brings a smile to my face. That was a sale to remember!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to Hoard my coins that I bought. But I'm kind of stopping that. I had a gold watch, but Simone offered $1000. Sold that. I have maybe 12 pre-33 gold coin's that I probably wouldn't sell though. Other than that everything else can go.

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep my metal detecting finds. As far as yard sale,auction, etc finds: I keep most early American items and any coin silver and sell/flip the rest. I do keep some newer sterling if it's different.

pugwrangler

Aug 7, 2013
I recently purchased two assay medals. The 1905 had a mintage of 10 and the 1893 had a mintage of 35. Never going to part with them.

Attachments

• 1449683892245.jpg
    1449683892245.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 136
  • 1449683907136.jpg
    1449683907136.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 135
  • 1449683919675.jpg
    1449683919675.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 134
  • 1449683932654.jpg
    1449683932654.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 133

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to keep everything I buy, but make myself sell or if it does not sell give it away. Never found just that one thing that I could not part with.

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to keep everything I buy, but make myself sell or if it does not sell give it away. Never found just that one thing that I could not part with.

I'm the same way. I don't want to horde stuff but i do have lots of collections of various items that will be sold....eventually. The only reason i don't mind holding on to them is their value. Older, well built items hardly ever go down in value. Ill keep something really cool for a few months and then i realize i'm no longer that wild about it and ill sell it. I also give plenty of junk away like last week when i had a neighbor fighting some rusted bolt on a minibike. I handed him a Snap-on ratchet that i picked up months earlier and told him to keep it. I might have another 15 or so in my toolbox so i was happy to give it away.

My most current item i dumped from my inventory is a rare 1/4" Blackhawk tool set. 100% complete and immaculate condition, 65+ years old. I paid pennies for it but its hard to enjoy when its sitting in a dresser drawer in the garage. Id rather a collector owns it and appreciates it

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will die with my Aurora slot car collection from the 60's & 70's, (over 100) my Hot Wheels redlines from the same era (over 100) and two train sets from the 30's & 50's (American Flyer/Lionel)

Anyone else?

Of course.

And most of them have little value to anyone but me, like the chewed-up $1 fountain pen that I practiced making my first italic nib on, and the $6 Guardian Service pot I had been seeking for three years.

iloveshinythings

May 30, 2015
TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is actually my constant struggle. Agh! I mostly hunt yard sales and estate sales for things I could make a quick buck on, but then I gravitate towards purchasing items I myself like. "Oh, that's pretty. Someone would buy that..." And then I get it into the black hole that is my house, and it stays there forever. Ha!

Mostly it's the art I can't let go of. When you find something sad and forgotten and rescue it, it's a joy!

However if I had to pick... the one thing that is a never, ever is a portrait of Jesus I found in a junk pile in a south Florida flea market. It's one of a three known paintings of the same subject by Darius Cobb. The original "famous one" toured the world, was written about and reproduced in dozens of books, but burned down in a fire. However, the painter's family and, now I, have the other copies he painted.

As a woman of faith, and a lover of history, you couldn't pry this thing out of my hands. Ever. Here is the painting, and one of the books that it appears in (A Young Man's Jesus - by Bruce Barton) ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1449763763.878487.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1449763809.790133.jpg

It's a cool story! HH everyone. You never know when you might turn a corner and find your next favorite thing.

Last edited:

celtic fox

Nov 8, 2015
surrey uk
Detector(s) used
ctx3030 , deus lite , garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
iv never sold anything i found and wont :laughing7:

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is one I won't sell. Unless I find a better one to replace it with. But it was 49 bucks at the antique store works great I use it every single day. I love how old and dirty it looks.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1449775424.202953.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1449775355.519784.jpg

I had another one I really liked but went shocked the snot out of me about four times in a row I got rid of it.

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is actually my constant struggle. Agh! I mostly hunt yard sales and estate sales for things I could make a quick buck on, but then I gravitate towards purchasing items I myself like. "Oh, that's pretty. Someone would buy that..." And then I get it into the black hole that is my house, and it stays there forever. Ha!

Mostly it's the art I can't let go of. When you find something sad and forgotten and rescue it, it's a joy!

However if I had to pick... the one thing that is a never, ever is a portrait of Jesus I found in a junk pile in a south Florida flea market. It's one of a three known paintings of the same subject by Darius Cobb. The original "famous one" toured the world, was written about and reproduced in dozens of books, but burned down in a fire. However, the painter's family and, now I, have the other copies he painted.

As a woman of faith, and a lover of history, you couldn't pry this thing out of my hands. Ever. Here is the painting, and one of the books that it appears in (A Young Man's Jesus - by Bruce Barton) View attachment 1245215 View attachment 1245216

It's a cool story! HH everyone. You never know when you might turn a corner and find your next favorite thing.

That's a "Roadshow" moment with that find!! I'm often amazed by what people consider throwing out or selling for peanuts!! I guess it's what keeps us at it! Thanks for sharing that story.

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things are just valuable to me when I sell them. Other than that, they're just things! I do appreciate them, but I don't fall in love with them.

RJA

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread