Can you speak 17 languages?

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to a garage sale this Saturday. They had TONS of new electronics boxes in driveway. Almost all Craig. In front, they had a couple of big boxes filled with small boxes filled with hand held devices. I start checking through them. The second one I scanned was an English Dictionary Thesauras. Amazon at $39.99. They are asking $5 per item. I ask for a box and start to go through everything... I fill up the box with about 15 items. I get 2 14 language speaking translators, a 17 language translator, several that do 3 different language (each a different set of languages), Several dictionaries of mixed varieties. As I go through the rest of their stuff, their prices are JUST a bit above what I am willing to pay. Craig Blue Tooth speakers worth $50 on Amazon, they want $10, won't take $5... no buy. Karaoke machines from $10 to $50 each. Same story. I'd go, $30 on the big one. Nope. I'd go $5 on the baby... Nope. 7 Apple air book snap on shields, new in sealed wrapper, $2 each. $20 each on Amazon. I offer them $10... SOLD. Another bluetooth speaker, $2. SOLD. A bluetooth care phone system. $35 on amazon, $2 at the sale. SOLD. I spent $63. Listed everything up except the 17 language device. It's not on amazon. I put that puppy up on Ebay, $119 obo. SO far I've sold about $350 on amazon. That's 6 items for $350. I have a TON of stuff left. I also gave them my number and told them to call me the week before Christmas to see if we could work out a deal for everything left. Not sure it is going to work, but I sure hope they call.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a garage sale this Saturday. They had TONS of new electronics boxes in driveway. Almost all Craig. In front, they had a couple of big boxes filled with small boxes filled with hand held devices. I start checking through them. The second one I scanned was an English Dictionary Thesauras. Amazon at $39.99. They are asking $5 per item. I ask for a box and start to go through everything... I fill up the box with about 15 items. I get 2 14 language speaking translators, a 17 language translator, several that do 3 different language (each a different set of languages), Several dictionaries of mixed varieties. As I go through the rest of their stuff, their prices are JUST a bit above what I am willing to pay. Craig Blue Tooth speakers worth $50 on Amazon, they want $10, won't take $5... no buy. Karaoke machines from $10 to $50 each. Same story. I'd go, $30 on the big one. Nope. I'd go $5 on the baby... Nope. 7 Apple air book snap on shields, new in sealed wrapper, $2 each. $20 each on Amazon. I offer them $10... SOLD. Another bluetooth speaker, $2. SOLD. A bluetooth care phone system. $35 on amazon, $2 at the sale. SOLD. I spent $63. Listed everything up except the 17 language device. It's not on amazon. I put that puppy up on Ebay, $119 obo. SO far I've sold about $350 on amazon. That's 6 items for $350. I have a TON of stuff left. I also gave them my number and told them to call me the week before Christmas to see if we could work out a deal for everything left. Not sure it is going to work, but I sure hope they call.

If you don't mind me asking what app do you use to scan for Amazon? Or is that only through the one where you send them in to the place. Forgive me I'm not Amazon savvy so I don't remember what it's called. Fba?

Also very awesome score! I just started on Amazon and while I think I've only sold like $250 worth of stuff on there I currently have one order pending which I have no idea why. But I had a DVD set I only got offers on eBay and $45 and $50. But I sold it on Amazon for $110. So I was very happy with that!

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you mean all at once?

OP
OP
D

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I use Amazon shopper for finding stuff. I also use it for listing my stuff up on Amazon. I have a room in my house dedicated to storing my stuff. I typically buy 5 to 10 things a week. ($1 for a $25 book). I generally won't pull the trigger unless I am hitting 1 for 10 on price paid to received. However, I'll go down to 1 for 7 once I hit $5 paid... I may even go 1 for 5 for a $100 buy (buy for $100, sell for $500). The problem is that as the price goes up, the risk goes up too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread