A true good luck story!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a friend of mine out to yard sales today who wants to learn to sell on eBay for some extra income as he builds his business. His first time going to them ever. I stop at one lady's house and buy all of her jewelry and she has a jewelry box sitting on the table. He picks it up and shakes it. She said there's something stuck inside of it but she has no idea what it is. He was given it and she couldn't get it out so she was going to sell it for three dollars. It sounded like there was a key inside of the jewelry box. He didn't want to spend the three dollars so I gave him three bucks to buy the jewelry box. We get in the car and he breaks it open. I kid you not this is what was inside of it. I just have no idea what kind coin it is! I could not believe it.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457192205.080506.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457192223.478465.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457192243.433028.jpg

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Is it a gold coin and gold bezel? Interesting and exciting. Your friend will be hooked now!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I accidentally posted it in the eBay section. And double posted it over here.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the help. I about crapped when I saw that. Out of all the things that could've been in the bottom of that jewelry box. Out of anything in the world it was a gold coin in the gold bezel. What are the chances! It will go my collection. But I'm gonna teach him how to sell online. And gave him some cash too.

14 grams of 14k today as well.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Epic. We don't see too many gold coins over here.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell him...
You will take the pendant as payment for the 3 dollars he owes you. :P

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great find but an even better story!! Helluva teacher you are BK! Lesson #1: How to score big your first time out!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great find but an even better story!! Helluva teacher you are BK! Lesson #1: How to score big your first time out!

If it were just me I would have missed it. I don't know what made him pick it up and shake it. But after that he shook every single jewelry box for the rest of the day LOL
So maybe he's even better than I am!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread