Honey hole

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't drag this out too long because I'm waiting for this lady's friend to go home and get something and come back. But I stopped at one yard sale and the lady said I look sad... I guess she just wanted somebody to talk to you, so I sat there and talked with her for little bit and long story short I mentioned I collect coins.

So she went in the house and brought out 53 ounces of silver. They are sterling 40 g Franklin mint president coins and their spouses. Paid $500.

Her friend was at the yard sale so she went home and got some coincident were fake or copies. But then she brought watches and some jewelry. So I got a men's 10k gold filled Hamilton and 2 14 K ladies watches. 20 grams 14k scrap...

They had another family member at the house so she ran home and brought some stuff back. Tiffany and Company cufflinks, David Yurman cufflinks, some sign turquoise, and some other stuff as well. Now she went back home to get some other things and I will find out in 15 minutes what that stuff might be...

Not too many pictures because I'm sitting in my car right now waiting for her return... So I will update this a little bit later.

What she would not sell me which I really don't want to fork that kind of money right now anyways but she had 15 pre33 double Eagles all graded... They were so beautiful!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459619112.132924.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459619180.847089.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459619231.133335.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459619335.165127.jpg

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good haul so far....here's hoping the other lady comes back with some goodies.

Regards + HH

Bill

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul on those silver rounds... I've been finding a ton of cheap silver lately it's great! Just to think that lady could've gone to my local coin shop and gotten 300 more dollars dang! You won there haha

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ended up getting totals of 1960 g of sterling coins. 20 g 14 K. 8 g 18 K. David Yurman cufflinks and necklace. A whole pile of random sterling silver, alot of it is signed. Roughly 80 g. Tiffany cufflinks but have a monogram on them. A lot of designer signed costume jewelry. And an appointment to go back on Tuesday.

She has a ton of David Yurman jewelry. And I only had 1500 on me. I ended up spending about 1130. The only thing I overpaid for where the two gold watches. By about $50 total more than they're worth. The one does have some diamonds in it but probably not worth too much.

I was at her house for five hours today. But she fed me and gave me water. Showed me her prized jewelry. And asked if I wanted to go to happy hour with her. LOL but there was no way I was doing that, I was an hour from my house!

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great haul overall I'd say! Hopefully she'll have some more great stuff for you on Tuesday.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm actually going back tomorrow on Monday. But I didn't want to disappoint so here are some photos.
David Yurman

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459738153.889973.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459738313.766374.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459738341.414686.jpg

Not pictured is 39 g of scrap 14 K and 10 g scrap 16 K dental gold and 4 g of 18 K.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459738570.604654.jpg

The one turquoise ring is 34 g. It's huge!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459738712.498256.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459738752.213039.jpg

Then some gold earrings and a gold bracelet also sold today for a total of $200. Have a good night! And thank you for looking.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul on those silver rounds... I've been finding a ton of cheap silver lately it's great! Just to think that lady could've gone to my local coin shop and gotten 300 more dollars dang! You won there haha

The biggest coin store here in town buys Morgan silver dollars for seven dollars apiece. And they have no shortage of people who sell them either. I've been in their people come in hand over fist selling silver dollars for seven dollars each! If you don't tell them it's a key date they don't offer to pay key date prices. You have to know what you have or they will take it for what it is.

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The biggest coin store here in town buys Morgan silver dollars for seven dollars apiece. And they have no shortage of people who sell them either. I've been in their people come in hand over fist selling silver dollars for seven dollars each! If you don't tell them it's a key date they don't offer to pay key date prices. You have to know what you have or they will take it for what it is.
Dang... I feel extremely lucky to have a huge multi chain coin store in my area, they pay extremely well for melt prices... They start to get low when selling them coins that have value more than melt however... So I mainly just sell them gold scrap and silver, they would snatch those coins for at least $700 maybe a little more! I take it you're in a small town?

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, not really. I'm in Fort Myers Florida there are a lot of shops but everyone seems to pay pretty low. I thought I found a really good place to sell and then I went in one day and the guy was screaming at his son for putting $7 dollars into the gas tank. So I thought if seven dollars in the gas tank is too much money then I probably should not be bringing you any more jewelry....

There was a guy here who paid 85% spot for gold. That is for scrap. But he moved away....

I mean I don't think it's too bad of a price actually, paid $12 for a coin that scraps at $17. And the refinery pays 90%. But then you have to pay for shipping and for insurance on the package. If you sell it on eBay they take 13%. So I would make five dollars per coin if I was able to sell it 100% spot free and clear.

She told me she took two of them to a local store in town which is in Naples Florida, A whole ton of money down there... and they offered her five dollars per coin.

And don't forget that company along with me and probably you, we have to pay taxes on the stuff at the end of the year. That's 10%.. And it takes time to list it and takes time to ship it, plus packaging it up. I would say if you have a company that pays 80% spot for silver you're pretty lucky. But maybe I just haven't found the right place yet either. I normally send mine off the ARA in Texas. I think they pay 85% spot for Sterling. Maybe it's 90%. But I i'm not really sure... It changes daily.

By the way she was going to put them on the table for two dollars each. Lol. So someone else would've paid 10% of spot or less. She was planning on putting them out Sunday for her yard sale.

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well dang if the shops around me paid that much $500 sounds like a very reasonable offer. Can't believe the coin stores buy morgan dollars for $7... That basically like what the pawn shops around here pay for those haha! Right now I can get around $2 at the coin store for a 40% half dollar $5 less than a morgan dollar? Wow

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread