Amazing weekend!

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
While I like Estate sales, and I love Garage sales, there is nothing like a good neighborhood sale to get my blood moving. House after house, all selling. Garage after garage, open and clean. This weekend, within 5 miles of my house, there are 3 Neighborhood sales. Lake Malibou is a community without a house less then $1.5 million. Once a year, they drag their junk to the local Private Park (no entry unless you are a resident!), and open the gates to the Rabble. I've picked up KILLER things there every year. After that, 2 neighborhood in Westlake Village (no home under $750k) are having sales. Then a nice area of Oak Park (Condo's at $650k). After all of that, a 15 minute drive to Home Acres in Moorpark. $600k+ and mostly antique houses with Antique stuff for sale. Add to that the regular sales, and if I don't make 100 sales tomorrow, I'm just not trying!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck on your journey through Oz. Hope you score a huge quantity of superior upper crust toys...

thebirdflu

Aug 29, 2013
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck tomorrow! Let us know what you get!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yard_sale.gif
Make us all proud!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a gated community sale today 350k-500k homes approx. 150 homes, 3rd vehicle in line at the gates when they opened and walked away empty handed. Maybe 20 homes participated. To make it worse, I went to an estate sale and 4 other sales prior and spent $0. Ugh!

On a better note I have a private sale to go to tomorrow!

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to an estate sale, house was a 35K house, need new roof and electrical wiring. Walked out with some great vintage items. But that is what I look for. I stay away from the high end houses, cost to much just to look.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a gated community sale today 350k-500k homes approx. 150 homes, 3rd vehicle in line at the gates when they opened and walked away empty handed. Maybe 20 homes participated. To make it worse, I went to an estate sale and 4 other sales prior and spent $0. Ugh!

On a better note I have a private sale to go to tomorrow!

I think at least for me it is good to come back empty handed some times. Kind of lets me know the availability of the stuff I look for. The less the better, because then I know I am not wasting my money on common items. That is just how I look at it.

OP
OP
D

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
OK, At the Lake Malibou community, I found a couple of elvis books, rare. Amazon price, $125 and $230, I paid $1 each. Also got a nice new celeron pot. Amazon at $99.95, I paid $8.
Westlake community 1, Sony VHS digitizer. Attach it to a VHS and it will record the tape onto a DVD. New $650, Ebay $150 to $200, Paid $6. Dyson C41 upright vacuum with attachment. Amazon used $175, paid $25. Westlake Community 2, New Speedball home silkscreen kit, new and unopened. Paid $2, should go for $50 on Ebay.

That's about it. By the time I left the 3rd community, it was almost 11am. The oak park sale was pretty clean picked by the time we got there. We hit some other sales and headed home at noon. Not a BAD day... At least One big community sale next week. One lady I know ALWAYS sells Prada Shoes (used, but in boxes with everything, and generally in good condition). I am hoping for a few other community sales.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread