diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought this box of parts at a sale last weekend. It was at a sale that had a room full of reloading equipment put on by a couple of little old ladies that have an estate company. Paid $10 for it. Also walked out with a box of gun related ephemera. The parts are SKS and .45 auto magazines, a few unidentified parts and a bag of pistol grips. I don't know what most of them go to so if anyone has any ideas, let me know. The plastic ones are identifiable as are the broom handle pair of wooden ones, but the rest I haven't had much luck identifying. Thanks for looking.

DSC05597 (1024x716).jpg DSC05593 (1024x612).jpg DSC05588 (1024x679).jpg DSC05591 (1024x441).jpg DSC05592 (1024x529).jpg

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You realize you have several hundred dollars worth of grips and magazines there? Table at a gun show is usually about $50. Have at it lucky.:notworthy:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Anaconda, Tacarov, Browning 50, Makarov. If you dump all grips just to flip for fast cash I would ask 45 bucks, cheap enough price that a gun wrench at you LGS would jump on it. Mags are something else of course, you could ask full price or just go cheap. Fact is if you take it into you LGS you should walk out with a screw you price of about 120 bucks, and that is them screwing you.

Now since you only have 10 bucks into it, you could go to the LGS, ask what each grip belongs to, show everything you got, say you paid like 90 for the box of stuff and see how much they will chuck at you. If you do not like their screw you price then you can at least sell everything on the net since you will know what it all is.

Just my thoughts, I would go for the screw you price from the LGS.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the free box-

DSC05606 (1024x639).jpg

Pulled these out of it, the rest is just reloading measurements, newsletters and magazine cut outs for various types of guns.

DSC05600 (1024x936).jpg DSC05602 (1024x781).jpg DSC05601 (1024x651).jpg

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Could you tell me the dates on the Enfield and .30 mags?

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool you got a handle on it. sorry bad joke

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
HOLY GUN SMOKE!! You did AWESOME!! That freebie box is worth a purdy penny also!!

If you wanted to take your time and get a decent (but not necessarily top $$) price for everything, you could EASILY get $300!!

If the little old ladies had MORE gun stuff that you didn't get, then keep kicking yourself. But you got an awesome find there!!

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Dig, awesome find, color me very jealous. I do not recognize many of the grips, as I am mostly into revolvers, outside of the broom handles, which you already have recognized. In the top center pic, the top left most pair looks to be for a K or L frame S&W. But they may be for the Brazilian copy, Taurus also. I enlarged the pic, but can't tell. I don't see any medalians. I am not positive, but suspect most of these grips are aftermarket. My advice is to wait until winter up here in the north to list these. It has been my finding that they sell much better when us shooters up here can't get out and shoot so we stress about dressing up our firearms or replacing worn grips. Or if you are like me, sell one pair to recoup your investment and sit on the rest. I find it easier to sit on "free stuff.". LOL You probably already know the Colt owners manuals will sell very easily. Your gun specific books will do well also, some were printed in very low numbers and command big bucks. I doubt I am telling you anything you don't know. Congratulations again, great find at an awesome price.

T.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could you tell me the dates on the Enfield and .30 mags?
The magazines are all reprints from earlier releases ofThe American Rifleman. The ones you asked about were originally printed in the late 50's.

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill take a look at the grips later and see what i can identify for you.

The 2 Colt booklets alone will recoup your $10.00 investment. Collectors are always looking for those to finish filling out a pistol box. Some time ago we had a member (NJ Marty ?) clear over 500.00 with an empty colt pistol box. Once the guy has the box, he will be searching for the instruction manual to go with it.

Last edited:

peruna

Feb 14, 2016
central Texas
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Nox 800
Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digg, you did well. As others have mentioned, the grips and the "free stuff" have some value, and WAY past your investment price. You will now have a bit of detective work ahead of you. Look on the inside of the grips for any markings/manufacturers marks. The magazines (45s if my eyes are right) need to be IDed as well to get an accurate value. As far as the literature, there is a market for folks wanting to complete a gun-only purchase, that came without a box or manual. There are firearm sites galore that can help...I am familiar with one that is my go-to place when I have a question. PM me and I will get you that website.

Nicely done!

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
Ill take a look at the grips later and see what i can identify for you.

The 2 Colt booklets alone will recoup your $10.00 investment. Collectors are always looking for those to finish filling out a pistol box. Some time ago we had a member (NJ Marty ?) clear over 500.00 with an empty colt pistol box. Once the guy has the box, he will be searching for the instruction manual to go with it.

I have an 1849 Colt Pocket Revolver, with original powder flask, bullet mold and percussion caps. Wooden box is a nice repo, but I wanted a real period Colt box. Saw one in that gun store on Royal Street in New Orleans, and they wanted $3,200.00. For an empty box.

Collectors just love anything Colt.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the money is in the SKS magazines. The 45 Auto mags are aftermarket. The grips that are marked are lower end, the others I'm probably list as a lot as suggested earlier in the thread. The only reason I didn't buy all of it was because I don't have the room. Thanks for the replies.

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Sks mags are after market as well. Sks never came with removeable mags. Retro fit to work like the later AK.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sks mags are after market as well. Sks never came with removeable mags. Retro fit to work like the later AK.
I don't profess to be a firearms expert but aren't the 2 not in plastic considered fixed? The part number (SL-4-00.000) indicates that one of the clips came from a Yugoslavian M59, the other just has a serial number. I know the 3 bagged ones are aftermarket.

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
I don't profess to be a firearms expert but aren't the 2 not in plastic considered fixed? The part number (SL-4-00.000) indicates that one of the clips came from a Yugoslavian M59, the other just has a serial number. I know the 3 bagged ones are aftermarket.

True.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread