Woman Shocked to Find Neighbor’s Frozen Mother in $30 Used Freeze

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Woman Finds Neighbor's Frozen Mother in $30 Used Freezer

by Warner Todd Huston 1 Jun 2016 Goldsboro, NC

A North Carolina woman who bought her neighbor’s used standalone freezer thought she got a steal for only $30. But upon opening it, her delight turned to shock when she discovered her neighbor’s mother dead and frozen solid inside.

When a woman from Goldsboro, North Carolina, discovered her neighbor was preparing to move away, the $30 deal for the freezer was struck. She moved the freezer into her home, plugged it in, but left it for three weeks unopened.

When she was finally ready to use the freezer, she was shocked by what she found inside.

“My heart was in my throat and I ran outside, called 911,” the neighbor said.

The freezer’s new owner said her recently moved neighbor insisted that the unit stay closed for several weeks because inside was a “church project” in the form of a “time capsule” that must stay undisturbed.

The ex-neighbor told her that members of a nearby church would come by in a few weeks to open the freezer and remove the “project.” But when no one came, the woman decided to open the freezer herself to see what was inside.

“I had already made the decision that I really needed to open it because everything was just so sketchy,” she added. “And I had even had the idea that maybe her mom was in there.”

“I went in there and I opened it up,” she said. “Lifted the lid and I saw a foot. And I put the lid back down and I tried to analyze what I just saw. And it looked fake so I opened it again and I looked again. But then I recognized the foot. It was her mother’s foot.”

Goldsboro police confirmed that inside the freezer were the remains of the ex-neighbor’s mother.

“She sold me her frozen mother for $30. How do you do something like that?” the buyer told the media.

The neighbor’s mother hadn’t been seen since last September, but was well-liked by locals.

“(She was) Just the sweetest lady. I mean quiet, kept to herself, stayed at home. Just unbelievable how she could just stick her mom in a freezer,” the woman said.

Police have discovered that the ex-neighbor told several different stories to different people about why she was moving away. She has yet to be located.

By some accounts, the elderly woman’s body had been dismembered. The remains have been sent to the county medical examiner’s office and an investigation has been launched into the death. The hunt is also on for the dead woman’s daughter.

This is far from the first time someone has used a freezer to put a murder on ice. Last year, a Detroit Mother told the media that she was not sorry she tortured and murdered her two children and then hid their tiny bodies in her freezer. She insisted that the murders were in retaliation for the children’s bad behavior.

In another case, a Florida woman is being charged for the death of her 11-year-old daughter, found in the family freezer.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always tell people that I have the body of a 25 year old. ( I keep it in the basement freezer)

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NOTE TO NSA : the above was a joke

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
They're reading that right now Jeff!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I wonder if the NC woman is now responsible for burying the old woman, like the San Francisco woman was?? :dontknow: After all, it's now "her property". :laughing7:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
take her down and put her on the city bus

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not a funny story. I am sure that the woman almost died of a heart attack. Shame on you all.

maccounty

Jan 7, 2016
SwMissouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Minelab go find 60 Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that's weird! Crazy people.

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always tell people that I have the body of a 25 year old. ( I keep it in the basement freezer)

Think about it. If it had been the neighbor's father in the freezer, then the new owner would have found a.... Popsicle....

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Mr Grouch - Copy.gif

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
would have been fitting if two old church ladies with purple bee hive hairdo's showed up asking if it was done yet.
“church project” in the form of a “time capsule”.
they could fit that into so many Comedy TV shows :laughing7:

I could have seen peg Bundy doing that to Al :tongue3:

No it's not funny but there is just something about this whole thing that says
it would make as great tv show called the "Crack Heads"

Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Momsicle...We had a big freezer and I put lots of dead game animals in it. But not mom...

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
In our local Radio Shack store, they now sell freezers. Went in there recently about our cell phone and they had a big chest freezer - completely done up in camo!! Yeah, they sell LOTS of freezers in White Tail country!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
....On the other hand, is often very hard to dig in the hard-froze soil during winter months - many folks have to pay to keep loved ones frozen until Spring. So maybe?!?!?.....

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm my area a few years ago there was once a family restaurant/ice cream place called " Ma Frosty's"!! I kid you not!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe that you people are missing the point.

$30 is a sweet deal for freezer, especially one big enough to fit a whole person. If there is another deal like this, please let me know. I am in NC, and have a pick up truck.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that you people are missing the point.

$30 is a sweet deal for freezer, especially one big enough to fit a whole person. If there is another deal like this, please let me know. I am in NC, and have a pick up truck.

not only that but with the Price of Meat these days. Beef is still outrageous.
have you priced a decent steak lately ?
Chicken prices have been Better.
the other White Meat (Pork) can be pricey depending on the cuts.
a good aged slice of Meat ? "Jerky" can you Say :hello2: "Bonus " Buy !!!!! :headbang:

Leatherface & his Klan would be in Heaven !

Last edited:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
a good aged slice of Meat ? "Jerky" can you Say :hello2: "Bonus " Buy !!!!! :headbang:

I looked at it like this... $30 for a freezer, and they throw in 100 Lbs. of dog food at no additional charge!

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Why buy costly Omaha Steaks when you can treat your guests to something special!! Introducing the new " Donner Dinner Party"! Order now and we'll add this complimentary freezer at no extra charge. Only $30 while supplies last!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, who in their right mind, buys a freezer and don't look inside it? :icon_scratch: :BangHead:
I don't care if they were gonna pay me, to take it away...... ???

I might be maybe somewhat gullible, but I ain't hauling nothing, I don't know what it is! 8-)
Is it just me....... :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread