Shreve & co sterling bowl.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We went out today my neighbor and I and hit it hard. Did two community sales, a whole bunch of regular sales. A couple estate sales. I bought like four things all day long. Go home have some lunch and look online there's a yard sale about five minutes down the road from my house so I decide to go. Sitting on the table was a bunch of silver plated stuff. One item said Shreve co. I thought for sure it was Sterling. I've had items I bought in the past with that name I couldn't believe it was plated. Paid a dollar for it and went outside the garage. Sterling right on the bottom!!

View attachment 1321284

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465074813.259172.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465074846.440071.jpg

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shreve & Company is comparable to Tiffany & Co. when it comes to silver! You scored with that find. Now, if we could only see the bowl itself?

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Shreve & Co. is actually called Shreve, Crump & Lowe. They are based in Boston on Newbury Str. They are PREMIERE Silversmiths. You hit the Jackpot for sure. Your items are far more valuable than just silver weight. It would pay you to double check all of your pieces. Shreves does not deal in Plated "ANYTHING" Period. If you take CLEAR pictures of each piece from several angles and send the pictures to them they will ID each piece for you and give you an Appraisal as well. Many of their pieces date to the 1700's. I'm not saying yours are but you never know ok. Good Luck. PEACE:RONB

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Shreve & Co. is actually called Shreve, Crump & Lowe. They are based in Boston on Newbury Str. They are PREMIERE Silversmiths. You hit the Jackpot for sure. Your items are far more valuable than just silver weight. It would pay you to double check all of your pieces. Shreves does not deal in Plated "ANYTHING" Period. If you take CLEAR pictures of each piece from several angles and send the pictures to them they will ID each piece for you and give you an Appraisal as well. Many of their pieces date to the 1700's. I'm not saying yours are but you never know ok. Good Luck. PEACE:RONB
That's a different company. Shreve & Co. is based in San Francisco. http://university.langantiques.com/index.php/Shreve_&_Company

I sold a set of WW1 aviator wings made by them a few years ago.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/w...rts-rare-set-shreve-co-ww1-pilot-s-wings.html

Last edited:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Thanks for the update. I still think the pieces are worth far more than silver scrap prices. That he should have them checked out & Appraised by the Company itself. Great Finds. PEACE:RONB

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me dig it out of the box I put it in and I'll show you a whole picture. Sorry I was in a hurry to take a nap while my daughter was at the neighbors house for 45 minutes.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shreve & co sterling bowl.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465085848.010117.jpg
Has some nice openwork along the top.

Only one dent in it that I can see which is on the bottom rim.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465085915.923777.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465086008.839119.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread