Yard sale silver! ☠

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone! It's been a while since I've posted some finds, but here's what I picked up yesterday at some local YS. One piece ( the bowl) has me stumped a bit. I'm usually pretty good a researching something but I've hit a wall with this thing.

First off - Sterling picture frame for $5.00. It's pretty beat up and missing part of the back so I've already taken it apart for scrap (3.5ozt)

Sterling buckle for 5.00. My wife is going to put it on some velvet ribbon. I bought this at the same place as the frame.

Sterling lily pad snake bracelet ( by Forstner) and a sterling 4h pin- both for .25 cents at a church sale.

Sterling gumbo spoon by RW&S co. - this was free at the take it-leave it shed at the dump! So I took it !! [emoji38]. Well, I am I pirate!! [emoji12]

Last, silver bowl (3.59ozt). - $2.00! It's marked ag 999 Gautier, made in Italy. I know that there are 999 pieces out there so I took a chance on this one as you don't see them very often. It did acid test positive for silver (both silver acid and 18k). Just no other hallmarks and no indication that it's plated. Let me know your thoughts on this.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465128733.597914.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465128760.959882.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465128773.251407.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465128784.871523.jpg

MadPoetLaw

Feb 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great silver scores. Even if you are unsure about the bowl you can hardly lose at that purchase price. If i were you i would sell it as is on the bay and not worry about verifying it further

OP
OP
captain flintlock

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great silver scores. Even if you are unsure about the bowl you can hardly lose at that purchase price. If i were you i would sell it as is on the bay and not worry about verifying it further

Thanks! I thought the same when I bought it. Two bucks won't break the bank. I've just never seen a piece without at least one hallmark of some sorts. I'm thinking that it's an artist piece not made for any kind of mass market. I don't sell on the bay but have other avenues to move it.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ag 999 is the purity mark. It means it is solid silver (99.9%). Nice finds at nice prices!

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a deal, good eye:D