Bolo!!!!

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yankee candles!! Some rare stuff out there!!! Listed this Sunday evening and had a bid when I woke up Monday morning. After some intense negotiations on the buyers behalf, she retracted her bid for me to relist as a buy it now at 210.00 plus shipping...

A $20 buy... And the more expensive one I bought with this one for another $20 is listed at $500.00 auction style..

67af416337a0f1df2f9476947f721e68.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What! Crazy

OP
OP
B

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I turned that profit into 2 1 gram gold China pandas.. 1st year of issue for 1 gram pandas and pandas go crazy on the premium scale in a short amount of time.

OP
OP
B

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went so far as to make a list of those which have sold for over $100.00 and I will update it as more show up in the sold section.

There were two of these listed before I listed mine both in the $250 range... So I figured I'll try $100 sb and let it run... That didn't work as this lady WANTED this bad...

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, who would have thought. Thanks for posting.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I think "BIZARRE" is a better description of it! Makes ya wonder what was inside the candle wax?!? :dontknow:

OP
OP
B

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In ALL seriousness it is out there that someone would even think of paying this for a candle...... But check out the sold listings on eBay.... I mean Wow!!! The other one I have listed at $500.00 there is one other listed at $1400+ as a buy it now only... And in my research I have seen another different scent candle SELL FOR $1500.00.... That's F%ckin Crazy!!!

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yankee candles are the only kind my wife would buy. They smell like the sent they say, not the melted wax smell. But to pay that price. Off to buy some yankee candles.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I often wonder if some people don't just spend tons of $$$ on things just so they can boast about how much they've spent. For some, it seems like it's some sort of game - how to spend more than your neighbor.

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
I often wonder if some people don't just spend tons of $$$ on things just so they can boast about how much they've spent. For some, it seems like it's some sort of game - how to spend more than your neighbor.

I would lose that game every time, but then I am a cheap S.O.B. That might have something to do with why I am on this site every day. LOL

T.

Last edited:

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Um. That's crazy! I would've never thought...

There is a discussion forum, albeit small, where you can discuss rare candles and see what is really desirable. I'm no candle snob but they do make a great candle and the company owner's auto collection is proof that people will pay up for a good product.

Ill have to keep an eye out at grandmas house for some rare/early released scents that fetch a premium.

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time someone posts a bolo I think we're talking about the tie style. I knew they were generally valuable but I didn't know in the hundreds of dollars! I once found a small unburned Bacon scented yankee candle, think it sold for $15 or $20. Not bad for a dollar.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread