diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a sale this morning that was advertising vintage knives. Got there a little too late for the knives as I seen my competition walking away with a handful of them as I pulled up 20 minutes early.
I did score on a few gold rings there though 2- 14k, fire opal and Yellow Topaz? and 1- 18k coin ring. I also found a 14k necklace with pendant and 2 more 14k rings at another sale. Scored a few silver pieces including 2 of these 3 pins that I'm trying to ID, the one is 10k-

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/505678-v-victory-but-what-does-pin-represent.html

Some costume jewelry that includes a Swarovski necklace, Czech Rhinestone buckle, a jelly belly amber glass bug pin, 12k gold filled earrings, a damascene pendant brooch on a gold filled necklace, a Trifari leaf brooch, an apple green bakelite bangle, ladies pendant watch, scarab bracelet watch, and a micro mosaic bracelet.

The heartbreaker was a 1967 Christian Dior brooch that I ruined by trying to clean the dust out of it. It was a nice valuable piece, key word "was". Some other odds and ends include a set of Toledo cocktail Swords, a small Murano latticino ribbon compote, a couple old picture frames, a Barlow scrimshaw pocketknife (golfing), a Taxco lizard abalone inlay disc brooch pin, an early 1900's Pocket Prayer Case with Crucifix and Prayers

https://www.rubylane.com/item/1310635-P140726/Pocket-Prayer-Case-Crucifix78-Prayers

and a few other misc. items.

I spent a total of $617 on everything. The gold weighs 10k- 4 grams, 14k- 27.65 grams and 6.5 grams of 18k.

DSC05752 (1024x976) (1024x976).jpg DSC05748 (1024x841).jpg DSC05746 (1024x766).jpg DSC05759 (1024x768).jpg DSC05756 (1024x688).jpg DSC05755 (539x1024).jpg DSC05765 (1024x768).jpg

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow....that's a lot to digest. So much I know nothing about. But the gold finds?? :thumbsup:

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That fish ring Is sweet. Easily over half your money back on that. That spinning ring I just sold one for 125 it was 10 K. No idea on 18 K: ring. Probably something good though I would say. You did really good! The gold yellow stone could be a sapphire too, not sure thought the topaz was lighter in color. List that fish ring as a Chinese coi you may get a lot. Here's a diamond one that sold.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465736431.338174.jpg

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I'm not sure what the yellow stone is. I can't tell the difference between Citrine, Topaz, or Sapphire.

jason4kstate

Jun 23, 2007
I sold a smaller version of that sterling rose pin a few weeks ago for $45. It has guilloche enameling which is really nice. Good scores. I love that fish ring!

MRBeyer

Apr 25, 2007
Moses Lake, WA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster and MXT, sluice
From my experience. Yellow and orange sapphires are called tangerine sapphires. Much more expensive than normal blue sapphires of the same quality and size. Anyone can feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

SCpicker

Jan 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I just want to say dig you are like a legend here on TNET. If I can help you in any way I'd be honored. Your story reminds me of when I first started picking. I arrived to a sale about noon and the guy said he just sold a pile of collectible knives for nothing. That guy ahead of me bought every knife except for one broken one. It was a "Fight'n rooster" knife. I ended up buying it and a pile of stuff for $8. I sold the broken knife for $12. (There was also a bulova astronaut watch in my pile). It's crazy what's out there if you have first pick at a sale. It's crazy what other people pass up sometimes. Anyways, I think your "yellow" stone ring is a topaz or citrine. If it's a sapphire...it's likely synthetic. I think another ring that everyone is over looking is the "diamond" ring to the right of the fish ring. If those are diamonds it's probably just as valuable as any ring there. That fish ring is a great score. Should sell for a crazy premium. The opal isn't "fire opal" although everyone seems to call it that. It's just white opal but sill quite valuable. Fire opal has more of a amber tinge. Any clue what the coin in the 18k ring is? Anyways, Greats finds! Get out there a little earlier next time!

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I just want to say dig you are like a legend here on TNET. If I can help you in any way I'd be honored. Your story reminds me of when I first started picking. I arrived to a sale about noon and the guy said he just sold a pile of collectible knives for nothing. That guy ahead of me bought every knife except for one broken one. It was a "Fight'n rooster" knife. I ended up buying it and a pile of stuff for $8. I sold the broken knife for $12. (There was also a bulova astronaut watch in my pile). It's crazy what's out there if you have first pick at a sale. It's crazy what other people pass up sometimes. Anyways, I think your "yellow" stone ring is a topaz or citrine. If it's a sapphire...it's likely synthetic. I think another ring that everyone is over looking is the "diamond" ring to the right of the fish ring. If those are diamonds it's probably just as valuable as any ring there. That fish ring is a great score. Should sell for a crazy premium. The opal isn't "fire opal" although everyone seems to call it that. It's just white opal but sill quite valuable. Fire opal has more of a amber tinge. Any clue what the coin in the 18k ring is? Anyways, Greats finds! Get out there a little earlier next time!
The spinner ring is CZ marked. I'm gonna try to post a side by side of the pendant and the ring with the yellow stone tomorrow, maybe it'll help. I posted a thread in the what is it forum. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/505784-ancient-coin-id-set-18k-ring.html
I figured out the coin was a Type 2: Pontius Pilate, struck Year 16 (29 AD).Three bound ears of barley / Simpulum (libation ladle), TIBEPIOY KAICAPOC, date LIS (Year 16=29 AD)
Ancient Resource: Pontius Pilate--Authentic Ancient Coins for Sale
Not worth much by itself in that condition.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread