Anyone care to share their "holy grail" finds? I paid $1 for one of mine today!

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone care to share their "holy grail" finds? I paid $1 for one of mine today!

Finding this today got me thinking about how everyone here must have things they always looked for and eventually found. I live in Texas and James Avery jewelry is a huge thing here & has been a large part of my focus when out hunting. I know soooo many of the charms & other pieces by sight and have been able to buy thousands of dollars worth of the stuff on eBay & in person for pennies on the dollar, often a buck or less per item. All of that having been said, I am not a huge collector myself but have been in love with this retired unicorn charm since I started flipping almost four years ago. I've never found one in person and wasn't about to drop 70-100+ on it. Today I stopped at a new local thrift store for the first time and found a tangle of necklaces with this peeking out, I was SO excited. Bought the whole mess for a buck so I don't even feel guilty about keeping it. Would love to hear y'all's experiences with these special kinds of finds.

Message_1467227259507.jpg

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great little find! I found a James Avery retired charm here in Ct about a month and a half ago.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on finding your Grail. Mine is. Patek Philipe watch. Something tells me this is going to be a tough one.

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post idea!

I'm a really big Back to the Future fan, I've always loved the movies (mostly the 1st and second). I have a few pieces of memorabilia from them (like a NOS cassette tape of the soundtrack), but I always wanted to find a genuine promotional t shirt from the movie. I knew that they existed, but I had only ever seen reproductions on ebay (that still went for $150-200 at the time). The original stuff is very collectable, really genuine souvenir from the movie is worth a fair amount. Then, lo and behold, A few years ago I found this guy at a salvation army in New Hampshire, $2.99. I couldn't believe it. It's a genuine souvenir from universal pictures, Its a tank top which isn't ideal but beggars can't be choosers. It is my size though, luckily! I now have the dilemma where I like it so much that I never wear it because I'm scared of damaging it. Anyways, I'll never be that lucky again, the chances of me finding this were probably pretty close to winning the lottery.

IMG_8299.JPG

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what mine would be, but when I find it I will know.

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine would be a piece of P. Revere silver. We were talking to a dealer in Brimfield in May and he said that about 8 or so years ago, someone found a Revere spoon and paid around $10 for it! I want to be that "someone"!! I'll just keep looking!!

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine was 18th cent american coinage. Lucky enough to pull three of them from the same site in central jersey. Posted on tnet somewhere.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jar full of gold.:3barsgold:
-still searching-

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From readin some posts I am confused... which happens often...
Sometimes I get confused about being confused,,, which really confuses me...

Anyway... which is it... A find found that was a "holy grail" find ?

Or a find in the hopes ?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heh... just got lost in that vid... been awhile since I have seen any python.

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't collect it at all but I want a nice carved dresser/hutch from the early to mid 1700s. Once I have my own house I would put it in the room with all my collections and probably store the best stuff in it.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also need a shrubbery! Meteorite: Found one 10 years ago in the desert near Las Vegas.
Rev War button: Found a bunch from 3 sites in three states back in the 1980's.

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many years ago I bought a book called "The Coming of the Saucers" by Kenneth Arnold, the guy who coined the term Flying Saucers. It was signed by the author "They're not spots before the eyes, are they?". I paid 50 cents, sold it on Ebay for $335. I am always on the lookout for more.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post idea!

I'm a really big Back to the Future fan, I've always loved the movies (mostly the 1st and second). I have a few pieces of memorabilia from them (like a NOS cassette tape of the soundtrack), but I always wanted to find a genuine promotional t shirt from the movie. I knew that they existed, but I had only ever seen reproductions on ebay (that still went for $150-200 at the time). The original stuff is very collectable, really genuine souvenir from the movie is worth a fair amount. Then, lo and behold, A few years ago I found this guy at a salvation army in New Hampshire, $2.99. I couldn't believe it. It's a genuine souvenir from universal pictures, Its a tank top which isn't ideal but beggars can't be choosers. It is my size though, luckily! I now have the dilemma where I like it so much that I never wear it because I'm scared of damaging it. Anyways, I'll never be that lucky again, the chances of me finding this were probably pretty close to winning the lottery.

View attachment 1331388

I was at a yard sale a few weeks ago and the guys Dad worked for one of the studios. He must've had 25 original jackets from 1990s movies. Things like Backdraft and others I can't remember but all big-name movies.he wanted $35 apiece for them that I passed on since it's not my thing. If it's any consolation there was not a back to the future one.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure how many James Avery pieces I've found over the years, but they all go to my wife, as she's a big fan of their jewelry. She's not so particular over the original chains on some I've found, so I just add a nice sterling chain and sell the JA chains when I get them. That way she get's a new JA pendent and I make a little money. It's a win-win.

Pawee

Jul 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a woman,so when I found this bag for 2$ I almost screamed even it could be just a replica
After checked,it's an authentic one (vintage Gucci bag 1980s)
image.jpeg

Last edited:

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
My holy grail would be the almighty dollar. I don't collect and am not really looking for anything in particular for myself. Found this on the second day of an estate sale for $7. Cha-Ching. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1467867600.240163.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions