Summertime silver!!

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yard sales here in CT have been slim and sparse for whatever reason this summer. We're hoping that it picks up for the fall season. But yesterday, we came upon a sale at the last minute before we thought of calling it a day. My wife rummaged through a box of this and that and pulled out these fine pieces. Paid $7.00 for the whole lot. She saw the sterling marks and scarfed them up. They were pretty tarnished but as you can see, they polished up nice. The tongs are plated but wasn't sure because of the heavy tarnish. Mrs. Flintlock, you're the best!! I am one lucky pirate!! ☠

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469970354.234185.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469970365.345761.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469970375.879043.jpg

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheap sterling is always a great find! Congrats. The silver has been slim pickings for me lately other than a few pieces of jewelry last week.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing I like better than going through a pile of tarnished silver plate and picking out Sterling. Nice haul.

MadPoetLaw

Feb 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great score. I personally love weighted sterling and actively buy it often in bulk lots (scrap or whole) online. It's a great way to actively buy silver for melt or below. Most people don't bother with it but i have my own smelter and enjoy the benefits of making my own bars etc. If you decide that you want to sell it I can tell you the expected yields by weight for the bowl and candlestick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread