Couple of recent finds

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought I'd share some of my fines and see if the watch is worth having it repaired and if anybody can tell me a name of the style bracelet ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470535304.531666.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470535315.153806.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470535326.324890.jpg costume jewelry Chanel bracelet
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470535379.942539.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470535472.243939.jpg serial#starts with 112 I believe it makes it a 1959 longines conquest automatic waterproof 24 jewels
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470535801.993198.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470535813.033001.jpg ?? Still researching

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Cheech I can't speak of the bracelet style but looking at the watch it is definitely not worth fixing. You can just send it to me :). Actually I think it's a close call because of the condition of the dial. You probably could get 50 bucks for just the case back. I think selling it as a parts watch probably your best option

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Cheech I can't speak of the bracelet style but looking at the watch it is definitely not worth fixing. You can just send it to me :). Actually I think it's a close call because of the condition of the dial. You probably could get 50 bucks for just the case back. I think selling it as a parts watch probably your best option

That's what I was thinking was just to sale as parts but it actually works it just needs a new stem Crystal and a real good cleaning and a new band I've seen similar ones so up to $1100 that was sold as a 1960s cording to the book this one is 1959 that's why I was wondering if it was worth dumping a couple hundred into it thank you for your opinion greatly appreciate it

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Longines might be a very nice pricey watch over $200, does it work? Email the Longines company and provide as many pics as possible especially of the movement, and they'll tell you everything about it including the exact day it was made! (assuming they have the info because sometimes they don't but who knows)

jodan3399

Jan 1, 2013
Brownsville, Pa
Detector(s) used
White's Classic III, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chanel on the bracelet, but possibly not authentic Chanel.

Doesn't look "right" like it's missing something or cheaply made, but maybe someone could verify it or recognizes the style, I might be wrong, hopefully I am.

A lot of fakes out there with that stuff.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Doesn't look "right" like it's missing something or cheaply made, but maybe someone could verify it or recognizes the style, I might be wrong, hopefully I am.

The only marks are the ones you see in the picture there are no other ones anywhere that I can find this is costume jewelry did not realize they made costume jewelry until the other day

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You are right. I should have thought of that myself seeing as how I have run across fake designer jewelry more than a few times. That's probably why I can't find anything similar to this piece. Thanks for reminding me of the obvious. I would expect some other markings on this piece somewhere, besides the logos themselves that are depicted on the charms. Chanel, like all other high end designers are all about the branding.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions