A 64 and a 69! Bulova Accutron

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up another watch that matches my 1969 Accutron. This One is a 1964. Not nearly as nice as the 69. But this one was at the flea market for five dollars. The gentleman invited me over to look at his Timex watches. And after looking them over I picked out the nicest timex on the table for five dollars. It was even inside of a timex box. I was surprised to see a Bulova Accutron in the timex box. Works well too. I think I'm only going to keep the black dial one. The other ones going to go up for sale. Just wanted to share.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471563282.404243.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471563312.300081.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471563351.541853.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! I like the old Accutron's. I'd like to buy a nice Spaceview sometime, I think I've wanted one of those ever since I saw the add in LOOK magazine when I was like maybe 10 years old.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of funny but my cousins collect muscle cars I think one has a 64 mustang and then the other one has a 69 Camaro SS. Which I'll never afford or ever have. So I'm just going to have old watches!

I bought a lot of them over the last couple months I've wanted to keep. But then I run out of money and have a fire sale. Trying to avoid doing that again so I think my limit is 4 and I have to sell one if I want to keep another one!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely keep the black dial. The other is nice but not a keeper.

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the one you are selling looks exactly like the Accutron I got in 1966 for my Bar Mitzvah. I thought then that it was probably the cheapest Accutron model, though still rather expensive, at least for a schoolboy. I was fascinated by the tuning fork action, but thought it was a really fat, heavy, not very attractive watch and rarely wore it. I sensed immediately on seeing this photo that the band was aftermarket. If I recall rightly, which is questionable, mine came with a black leather band. It's running, right?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread