Is there anyone here who lives in Detroit?

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL! Funny! But I've heard Detroit has made a huge comeback. Would probably be a great time to hunt sales.

OP
OP
D

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I'm going to be there for the day, but I'm not sure I am going to be able to take anything home. I'm only allowed one small carry on. But still, I can't resist taking a day to run the sales.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL! Funny! But I've heard Detroit has made a huge comeback. Would probably be a great time to hunt sales.

I don't think so. The only comeback it could make is burn it down and start over. You're confusing it with the auto industry. That's not in Detroit anymore.

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some parts of downtown are experiencing gentrification. The founder/CEO of Quicken loans and my sisters in laws boss grew up in Detroit. Now that he's made his fortune, he's dumping tons of money back into the city to make it great again. My father in law also happens to be from there but moved away in the late 1960s.

I can tell the current state of his hometown saddens him but there isn't much he can do but wait. I bet it's hard to deal with the fact your home town of Mayberry turned into Mogadishu.

It might be another 15 years but I think that city will be great again. Only time will tell

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm coming to town for the day on Saturday, September 17. I arrive at about 7 am, and leave at about 7pm. I'd love to go garage saling with someone... Let me know if you want a navigator.

It's too bad you won't be there 1 month later. I'll be in Detroit for a wedding and was planning on doing the same thing. I've got a half day or so to scope out CL and possible estate sales once we drive down from Traverse city in the morning.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I lived and worked in Metro-Detroit for 30 years, and two of my kids still live there. I worked at the Marathon refinery on the South city limits for the year before I left. In that year there were 6 murdered within a block of where my office was, the last being a co-worker - shot dead in his car. Drove through there in June again, and will visit again at Christmas.

But there's no way in heck this Caucasian will do yard sales in the city limits of Detroit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread