T&C Tiffany and Co 14k Gold- Pearl- Diamond Ring! What do you think? Good Price!!

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey all,
I do a lot of scrap metal/ jewelry/ watch buying. I go to garage sales and the swap meet every week, and hand out business cards, as well as run adds. I recently purchased this ring for 65% of melt. It is stamped and is 14k. It is also stamped T&C.
My question is, do you think this is a Tiffany piece? I've been told it is a Tiffany piece, but it also looks like it could be made by Town and Country. I don't want to miss advertise it and A. anger my buyer or B. sell if for a fraction of what its worth and lose money myself. What do you think?
Any and all input welcome, thanks in advance!

8 (7).JPG

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice ring but Tiffany is always spelled out...

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think if it were Tiffany, it have T & Co, not T & C. The letters would also be better defined.

Last edited:

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's also very tacky and gaudy looking. I'm not a fan of Tiffany stuff, but they would never produce a ring like that.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You're right, I was thinking of the logo on the outside of some of their jewelry, not the mark itself.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Does not look like Tiffany. I have never seen a Tiffany piece stamped like that. The stamp looks cheap and weak. All Tiffany marks I have ever seen were bold.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That it is TIFFANY & CO. and I would say also the quality of Tiffany gold pieces goes without saying it's a Tiffany. I'm not seeing that in this ring.

HobbyHuntress

Jun 3, 2016
North Metro Atlanta area, Georgia
Detector(s) used
None yet!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
T&Co was common in older Tiffany rings and in rings that there's not enough space for "Tiffany & Co". I have one (well, more than one lol), not this ring, I just have a diamond band. It has T&Co in it. All of my newer stuff has Tiffany spelled out. Every Tiffany piece I own has come directly from the store and not a seller (no offense to those that buy from somewhere besides Tiffany). As far as T&C, I haven't seen anything that omits the "O" yet. I'll flip through some of my old T&Co catalogs from the 70s and 80s to see if there's anything like this...but it's 14k. Tiffany did not make 14k anything to my knowledge. Even the rings, bracelets, and the pendants I had when I was a kid were all 18k.

Maybe up until the late 70s they used 14k in some rings...but I doubt it. You could always swing by Tiffany. They would ship it off to NYC for authentication if you really want to know.

Last edited:

Lcsparenberg

May 27, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,
I do a lot of scrap metal/ jewelry/ watch buying. I go to garage sales and the swap meet every week, and hand out business cards, as well as run adds. I recently purchased this ring for 65% of melt. It is stamped and is 14k. It is also stamped T&C.
My question is, do you think this is a Tiffany piece? I've been told it is a Tiffany piece, but it also looks like it could be made by Town and Country. I don't want to miss advertise it and A. anger my buyer or B. sell if for a fraction of what its worth and lose money myself. What do you think?
Any and all input welcome, thanks in advance!

View attachment 1353016
Town & Country out of Massachusetts. I think it’s a lovely ring. 65% of melt is a bargain!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still a good buy Ive found so much silver and gold at those kinds of places it nuts. I have many Tiffany Rings Ive found detecting thats not a Tiffany but you did well at 65 melt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread