A dental water pick makes make a treasure pressure watcher

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought two model helicopters and 2 large completed sets of legos this weekend. The helicopters were really dusty. I wiped them down, then soaked them in the tub, and wiped them down again. However, each time after they dried, there were still dust marks.

The lego sets were large, complete, and covered in dust. The surface was not conducive to wiping so I used an air canister. That helped, but did not really do the trick. I then got the idea to use my water pic as a pressure washer.

It worked amazing so I thought I would share.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Good idea, hadn't thought about that. Thanks for bringing it up!

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
Interesting thing about water-pics - When they came out in the '60s they were the bomb. Then, word got around that they were actually driving food particles further up you gums, so they disappeared. Now, they're back.

I used mine to mow down plastic army men, making the bathroom look like the interior of a car wash.

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
And you might actually be able to find a Water Pik and a flea market or yard sale. Kill two birds...

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've washed off old cruddy jewelry with a water-pik for years now. I bought one of these cordless ones once when the other broke and it's broke and gone now, but I always wanted to try it out in the tight cracks in rocks looking for maybe some small placer gold pieces lodged in the cracks to hopefully flush out with the pressure. The cordless has a small reservoir but easy to refill and it's mobile and does hold a pretty good long lasting charge.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread