I never buy glass... Until today..

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't pass it up. When a lady had a whole table full and it was half way through the day at a community yard sale she said she sold none. so I asked her how much she wanted for the whole thing of it. The only thing was I was in a hurry and had to come back and pick it up later that evening. She bubble wrapped everything up and put it in boxes for me. I paid $40 for 45 pcs. With maybe 15 other pcs of something else....(. Lol. Then my wife kept most of it... ). I don't know enough about the stuff if its worth what I paid for it or more. But here's some photos and then the last photo is of stuff I don't know what it is yet.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476579789.110304.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476579818.601502.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476579849.400498.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476579965.630386.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476580213.241424.jpg

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are nice guy for helping the lady out and you Made your wife happy. What more could you ask for?

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The shoes are collectible...you scored for sure!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are nice guy for helping the lady out and you Made your wife happy. What more could you ask for?

At first she said $100. And I was not interested. So I said thank you very much you have a good day. She stop me down the driveway and said wait would you buy it all for $50. And I said I'm really pressed for time I don't have time to wrap it up. And she said that was OK, if I gave her $40 right now she would wrap it all up and I can pick it up later. She said her husband was going to donate it to Goodwill and she could not let it go there. I guess I was the only person that came to her sale all day she said tonight when I came to pick it up. To be honest I like having it up there because normally it's just piles of paper and garbage.

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find.

In the fifth picture there is green glass (top hats) which maybe uranium/vaseline glass. Do you have access to a blacklight (UV) to see if they glow?

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score BK!! Even if you sold them for 2.00 each, you've doubled your money. But I'm sure several of them are worth much more. Well done!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I totally redid our entertainment center today. So I have one piece left to sell. That's OK I'd rather pay $40 and redo the kitchen design then go to the store and buy it all. It would be a fortune at the end of the day it's worthless.

This will all get sold someday. But I text the lady I bought it from and sent a photo, and she called me crying. I guess her and her dad went to go find it all at antique stores and estate sales in New Jersey. It was something she really enjoyed with him and she was glad to see he went to a good home. And she sent me a text too !

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476683015.688917.jpg

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pieces!!! People like what they like. I buy and sell a lot of similar glass for my antique store. You sure can find some great pieces at garage sales. People collect their whole life and all of a sudden a big sale where its hard to price them. People seem to like red and blue glass. Fenton pieces are good sellers. Opalecant ant hobnail pieces are good too. That little green hat is my favorite too. I love the orange amberina too! That old green Vaseline glass is the best! What a great score, they look beautiful.

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"here's the glassware in my kitchen, I'll enjoy it until I decide to make a sick profit"

Bahaha, just playin' around, nice score brother.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"here's the glassware in my kitchen, I'll enjoy it until I decide to make a sick profit"

Bahaha, just playin' around, nice score brother.

Anytime I brought home anything like this my wife despises it. This time I figured the same thing. I don't know maybe because it's a whole bunch of it, oh I love it I just want to keep it!!! Huh? Crap! Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread