billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Toro rear bag, mulching mower. In an upper scale community sale, a 22" Toro front wheel drive mower was sitting alone in their driveway. From the street the large white paper sign was taped on the forward power bar said: "FREE" "It runs. Just press the red button 5 times." So, I put on my flashers and got out, looked it over,,,,,,,, and loaded it..... When I got it home, I checked the oil. It was black and barely on the stick, but enough to let me see if the sign was telling the truth. It had about half an inch of fuel in the tank. It appeared that the owner mowed with it and then pushed it out to the street..... So, I pushed the red primer button "5 times" and then pulled the starter rope.... It started on the second pull!

Also, the 55-gallon drum dolly with cast iron swivel casters cost $5 found on the "Ash Tray Weekend", and is being repainted with a full 50-cent can of red spray paint...bought on the "Oak/Alder lumber and bicycle" weekend.

Above barrel dolly, I'm painting the aluminum pulley flat black from the same "Cherry Red paint sale". It is a slow rpm wet stone in a cast iron water bath. Being locked-up with rust, the owner pointed to it and said she wanted $2.00 for it. It took more than several weeks of soaking with rust penetrating oil to get the dry sleeve bearings unfrozen....and several days of rotating the medium grit grinding stone in bleach water bath has lightened up the grinding wheel's color.

Found the cigarette ash tray at a garage sale. Underneath had more than half a dozen of green pea-size spider eggs....glad I have an open bed pickup....

I'm working on getting the foot switch to "click-on & click-off", so I don't know if the small light bulb or the electric cigarette lighter (green glass) work yet. For $5, and some spray foaming cleaner, this is what I got.

I've got to have $2,500 for a brand new 24v forklift battery for my solar panel project.... Will it go for more than $25 at my own garage sale?:tongue3:

Bill

Attachments

• Garage sale bargains and freebe 002.JPG
    Garage sale bargains and freebe 002.JPG
    493.7 KB · Views: 143
  • Garage sale bargains and freebe 001.JPG
    Garage sale bargains and freebe 001.JPG
    690.2 KB · Views: 150
  • Garage sale bargains and freebe 006.JPG
    Garage sale bargains and freebe 006.JPG
    667.5 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0412.JPG
    IMG_0412.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0410.JPG
    IMG_0410.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 146
Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool Deal on the Mower !
and it looks like a Self Propelled .
I just bought a new refurbished one a few months ago cost $280 Bucks :(

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found the cigarette ash tray at a garage sale. Underneath had more than half a dozen of green pea-size spider eggs....glad I have an open bed pickup....

I have brought home more than one black widow in computers I get at yard sales. I always keep a can of raid handy when opening computers I know have been stored in garages or backyards.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread