Haha Facebook posts!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is in the wrong section but I don't know where to put it. Thrift stores maybe who knows. Hatchimals are the hot toy this year. They're going on eBay for 150 and $200 apiece. Stores are sold out and Walmarts now asking $300 apiece for them. Some guy stands outside Friday and goes to get them and has them on Facebook for $150 apiece. And he is getting blasted by people because he's offering them for almost 3 times what they sold for in the store. Saying that you're a rip off, you're a fraud. This other guy posted on there that he went to Toys "R" Us today and they had a whole bunch of them for $69 apiece but he refused to pay that much. And I replied back you should of bought them all. You could've made $70 apiece or more and if they had 20 of them you would've made $1400 this week extra on top of your paycheck! Are people really that naïve out there? 9-to-5 is the only way to go there's no way to make any extra money in this world... be happy with what you have! Ugh. Sorry. This dude annoys me and I'm sharing with you. Unfortunately for him I bought three laptops yesterday and I'm going to sell them on there as well for a $200 profit each. I guess what we do as a special breed. Glad these people never bought a diamond ring, a car, or anything else brand-new!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well to me it's like the guys (mostly) who stand with the cardboard signs asking for money
If they can find a fool they deserve the money

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha ha ha. I was told I'm an idiot, I'm an a&&. And I need to get a life for thinking I should be able to buy anything and resell it for a profit. That made my night. Made my night!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
It truly astounds me what some people will pay for such things. Can't tell you how much money I've lost out on over the years from not having the capacity to understand this need in other people. That said, you are by NO MEANS an idiot! Likewise, I, too, have skills that you don't. So in the end.....to each his/her own. :icon_thumleft:

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought one when they came out. There were about 50 on the floor of wm. I should have maxed out my credit card. I still have the one I bought and will sell at the right price. Also some are better than others. I have a pink one which is good.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every Christmas there is some must have toy that is going to be in great demand. I was reading some "reviews" on Amazon from people bashing re-sellers. The idiots aren't resellers, it's the consumer who is willing to pay $250 for a $60 NES Classic or $200 for a $50 hatchanimal.

It's all supply and demand, the marketplace sets the price.

Last edited:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$50 hatchanimal.

?????? never heard of one, had to google.

just another stupid toy that parents are coerced into buying by the rug rats.

It looks like a furby with new technology and a gimmic. when my daughter was 7 we bought her a furby and she was afraid of it.

Now she loves anything with fur as long as it is real. (this was taken about a year ago)

Attachments

• HEATHER8.jpg
    HEATHER8.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 121

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on. Pay no attention to the negativity

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on. Pay no attention to the negativity

My wife and I are probably or more than likely on the verge of getting a divorce. She tells me every day that the job I do stupid, it's worthless and I'm never going to amount to much in life...

My income every year is more than double her salary from work. She has a college degree. I have an electrical degree but I don't do electrical work. Because what I do now I make 2x more than when I was electrician helper down here in Fort Myers.

Why did I stop doing electrical work? I watched my supervisor who was also my best friend die at work and there wasn't a damn thing I could do about it... and it was totally avoidable.. [emoji35]

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife and I are probably or more than likely on the verge of getting a divorce. She tells me every day that the job I do stupid, it's worthless and I'm never going to amount to much in life...

...Has she already forgotten about all the jewelry goodies you bring her?? :laughing7:

Seriously though, sorry to hear about this.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

[emoji35]
Sounds like you might be better off without her to me. Your wife should believe in you and support you, not tear you down and degrade you. I wouldn't put up with it myself. Show her the door knob.

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that hope things get better

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
My income every year is more than double her salary from work. She has a college degree. I have an electrical degree but I don't do electrical work. Because what I do now I make 2x more than when I was electrician helper down here in Fort Myers.

Interesting... I didn't know you could make that much doing what you do.

How do you handle income taxes? Quarterly, annually? And what about Social Security or retirement, or are you strictly going the IRA direction?

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Why did I stop doing electrical work? I watched my supervisor who was also my best friend die at work and there wasn't a damn thing I could do about it... and it was totally avoidable.. [emoji35]

Sorry to hear about all of that BK! I would think that if you're making that kind of $, she would support you. That's pretty damn good in my book!! Good luck to you!

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every Christmas there is some must have toy that is going to be in great demand. I was reading some "reviews" on Amazon from people bashing re-sellers. The idiots aren't resellers, it's the consumer who is willing to pay $250 for a $60 NES Classic or $200 for a $50 hatchanimal.

It's all supply and demand, the marketplace sets the price.

Every year there is "that" toy that people will pay ridiculous amounts of money (over retail) for and i've never been able to catch that train. From Elmo, Furbys and Doc Mc Stuffins, i've missed them all but then again, i don't have children. I think i might have to swing by WM to see if they have any of those Hatchimals in stock.

Makes you wonder what is the driving force behind the "chosen toy" each year. Is it reviews, social media? Who decides and at what point does it take off? If you can figure that out, you might be able to stock up early

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makes you wonder what is the driving force behind the "chosen toy" each year. Is it reviews, social media? Who decides and at what point does it take off?

Most likely it is the incessant commercials bombarded on kids when they watch all those kids shows day and night.

It is a planned advertising campaign to get those kids to say buy me, buy me.

The toy makers decided a year ago what to push down the kids throats, how to do it and then manufactured more than enough to fill all the orders.

Companies do the same thing when it comes to adult products. Adults do not go to companies and say they want their products to look a certain way. The designers come up with something new and different, grab a "celebrity" from the age/economic group they will market too and call it "his" or "her" designs. Do you you really think Martha Stewart really sat down and designed all those products that has her mug plastered on every package?

OK, rant over. I have never been one to follow the crowd and buy what they buy. I laugh when I see women in 4" spiked heels wobbling around because the shoes are in "style" All I see is a quick trip to emergency with a bad sprain. Oh, and I will not get started on green hair and racoon eye makeup. (scary)

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other

[emoji35]

Been there. Be sure to try mediation for the divorce. We got an agreement we could both live with and the total law fee was a few thousand dollars.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice from you all. I'm feeling like crap right now... the anxiety is through the roof. She just said she wants to stay but the terms are the same as what I'm living with now...

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I'm certainly in no position to give any advice here. My marriage (like all) has problems of its own, yet we both believe in riding out the rough times. Seems it just keeps bringing us closer together. ...Just sayin'.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice from you all. I'm feeling like crap right now... the anxiety is through the roof. She just said she wants to stay but the terms are the same as what I'm living with now...

I think The bigger question is how much time do you spend with your wife. I admit that doing what I do takes time but she appreciates it more when I use some of the money to buy trips for us. I just got back from taking the family to London and Paris for the Thanksgiving holiday with proceeds from my sales. I know everyone it's not in the position to do that but you need to make sure she's included in your life. I've seen it with thrifting and I've seen it with metal detecting where guys get totally consumed with the hobby and ignore their wives and kids. I choose not to be that person and only go out when it's the second choice. Family always comes first on Saturday and Sundays. That being said since it's your primary business there needs to be understanding on her side too. I hope you guys can work it out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread