Missed opportunities

Cat5

Greenie
Dec 31, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my way home from work I noticed my neighbor well he lives 2 blocks away, was cleaning out his garage. It was packed and I mean full- 2 car garage stacked and packed. Him and his helper were pulling boxes and tossing into the back of his p.u. I had to pull over and see. Everything in this truck was trash- old paintings, furnishings, clocks, etc. I told him I'd be interested in his stuff- he told me he wanted to pick thru it first as he's tossing a vintage clock 25' to its end. He gave me a vintage oxygen mask carrier made of wood. I noticed some antique toy cars ,lights, tons of household gold. I drove away and an hour I went back and he piled everything up on his driveway and it began to down pour!!! What a waste! Hope I can break free for a few tomorrow. Must be nice to sell a biz for a couple of 100 MILLION! 100 years of treasure under water. Ugh. Thanks for allowing me to vent. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the rain was sent to help you. He'll be less likely to pick through everything, and consider it just trash? Then, you'll be there like a hawk, ready and lurkibg behind the shadows......I would. :) Good luck to you.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Earlier this summer there was a sale advertised just 5 houses down from me. Well, at the time I was caring for my wife who had just had hip surgery and thus I was unable to attend the sale. Later that month, I saw a local picker friend around town. I asked him if he made any good scores lately. He tells me that he bought a bunch of gold jewelry for 25 cents each at a sale on my street! He then tells me that there were boxes of records there too. Ugh...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread